Existing AU Blue owner wishing to install on home PC

Dexter Dog

Hi!

Quite some time ago (6 Mar 08) I bought AU Blue but found out afterwards that I needed the internet at home to install. At that early time, the add only stated that internet was needed for updates (which for most other Flightsim products I have purchased is no issue, as it is a simple download from my work PC).

I note in your FAQ's that you now have a procedure for non-internet install. My question, is can this be done with the product I have already paid for? Is there an alternative to pay extra for the DVD and have it mailed?

Finally, I think I might have a problem with the Net 3.0 version requirement (that part I failed to understand!). I have the Microsoft download for this but I think it also needs internet during the install process.

I have my rego key and the original download file on my work PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Dexter Dog,

for AU-Blue as for all ORBX FTX software it is essential to have the .Net Framework 3.0 files installed, if you do not have a internet connection at home you can download the files via Microsoft, be alert as there are different options, you need the full versions .Net 3.0 and not the installer ! look for the X86 Redist package if you have XP as your Operating sytem (the size = 50,33 mB)

Quick links for the .NET apps:

V1.1

V2.0

V3.0

V3.5

and also you should contact Adrian at the FlightSimStore in the support section and place a ticket for support on this, as I do not know exactly what the status is with the activation as that has changed after the initial release.

Just following up on Wolters advice - yes you can use the product you purchased to install from home. You will still need access to an internet computer to generate the correct passkey - however the passkey can be put on a usb stick and transferred to your home computer. Full advice on how this works is availabel from the flightsim store.

If you purchase the product on DVD you still need to go through the activation process.

Hi Dexter,

If you only have the original download or disk that was sent to you when you originally purchased you will need to get an updated copy of the wrapper which now incorporates manual validation. You still need an internet connected PC somewhere to validate but it doesn't need to be the installation machine. As Wolter said, open a contact ticket at FSS explaining the situation and provide your order number and we can either arrange for the download link to be re-activated so you can grab the latest installer, or we can organise a disk for a small cost.

Here's an overview of manual validation: https://www.flightsimstore.com/fssoa.php

Finally installed! OK, what do I say?

FANTASTIC! AMAZING! BRILLIANT!

This is stunning! And smooth!

Red roofs! Gum trees!

But you missed my house (actually it looks like a 2-story now so i can't complain!)

This is obviously what FSX SHOULD look like!

Great, great work! Worth every penny! Worth the wait! :)

Archived