First YMML Promo Video :) Crazy Piper Cub Beta Tester Antics ...

OK here's the first of many promo videos of YMML Melbourne International.

Posted Image

I thought I would take a fun angle for our launch vid. If anyone says beta testing and development isn't fun, they're wrong. Despite being a major international airport, I thought I'd fire up the Piper Cub and break every local and international aviation rule in the book  ;D ;D ::)

FSX is running with all sliders maxxed here, 100% Airline AI traffic (MyTraffic X 5.1 - don't yell about the missing international carriers LOL!) and 100% airport vehicle AI. FTX roads traffic is on about 15%. As you can see the frames are quite good. I recorded this using FRAPS with the sim set at 1/2 speed to compensate for the immense FPS hit you get when using that capture method. However without FRAPS running I get identical FPS as you see in the video. Resolution is set to 1280x720 (720p HD resolution).

Thing I need to mention: This is a beta build, which means you'll see it warts and all. Some buildings are untextured, our low-poly cars are not in the car parks yet, and some of the airside terminal and concourses have placeholder textures for now. We're about 80% done with the project and hope to release it soon. Just some long, long days and nights ahead of us to get there :)

Music is by a friend of mine in Norway, Stian Tjelle - http://www.stiantjelle.com

Pick your poison:

Tiny - YouTube -

Small  - 48.5MB 720p HD Windows Media Video WMV - http://fullterrain.com/videos/YMML_PROMO_1.zip

Huge - 203MB Full HD High Quality 720p MPEG - http://fullterrain.com/videos/YMML_PROMO_1_MPEG_HD.zip

Great video John.

End screen says upgrade your sim. If i want it to look as smooth as that I need to upgrade my computer as well.

Not necessarily Paul. All you need to do is drag your Scenery and Autogen sliders back a notch or two and it will run smooth as silk. Remember, I was running with all sliders maxxed on my laptop, so a mid-spec machine should be able to Normal-to-Dense no probs at all. Also, if you set your airline AI to about 50% you will still get plenty of movement around the airport. We'll include a full tuning guide with the user manual.

I watched to youtube version, and the cub seemed to be flying arount the airport quite fast. Had you forgotten to slow down the video for the youtube version?

BTW YMML looked awesome. So awesome in fact I had to watch the video twice. :)

Regards

The YouTube version sucks to be honest. No idea what they do with their compression etc.

Grab the 50MB or 205MB versions from above - much better and the speed is correct in those.

You do know John that I am downloading the Freeware 1.2 pack now. How much bandwith do you think I have ;)  lol..... 

oh ok then :)

Regards

Hey John hit the F9 Key to turn prescision on for the track IR as it smooths out all the head movement and I think would make the Vid much smoother.

DOH! Now you tell me Mozz :(  This was a brand spanking new TrackIR 41 Build 34 driver downloaded fresh from the Natural Point website today. I did not have time to chase down my usual el-smootho config files, but I will give that F9 key a try for sure mate!

I also recall seeing some fsx.cfg tweakage to stop the default head movement as well. Do you use those?

I also found for some reason on this new lappy when using FRAPS it plays back all the videos at double speed, so I slowed down the sim rate to 1/2. I think that probably exacerbated the head movement even more.

Great Video......

Here you go John

Place ";" (Without quotes) to these lines which can be found in the FSX.cfg in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX.

;[DynamicHeadMovement]

;LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

;LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

;RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

;YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

;RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

;MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

;MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

;HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

Archived