Better way to set rudder configuration using Saitek Pro Flight with Throttle?

Grocs

Hey all,

Tried my brand spanking new Saitek Pro Flight with Throttle last night - damn it is good.  Running FSX and FTX and my new upgrade (Q6600 Intel) and this new yoke is just amazing.  One small hitch - I can't spend more money just yet on getting the rudder pedals so I have to go about configuring the rudder to be used on the yoke / throttle quadrant.  Could someone suggest the best way of doing this?  I've tried a button and it doesn't work that well (previous controller was an xbox 360 controller which had analogue buttons for rudder).

Also, with the mode button on the Saitek - just so I understand this right - with the profile software that comes with the yoke does this mean I can setup a profile for single engine props, one for heavies and jets and just simply switch the mode to go to the different yoke configuration?

Cheers - can't believe 1.2 Freeware airports is being released this week - sounds fantastic.  :)

Hi Grocs,

Yeah, i have the same controller rig, and the rudder things a bit of a pain. Your pretty much stuck with the rocker bar under the front of the throttle lever, its awkward and doesnt give you a lot of fine control. You dont happen to have access to a racing wheel and a set of pedals do you.? I was in that situation, couldnt afford a fine set of CH pedals, so one night i thought i'd plug the pedals into the wheel, plugged the wheel into the spare USB and viola, the system recognised the pedals, all i had to do was setup the mapping and it worked, Its not perfect, no toe brakes and the angles of the pedal boards not quite right, but it works well enough.

Cheers

MC

;D

Grocs, try a bit of thrift shop hunting. I see racing wheels and pedals in thrift shops here all the time. I'm sure you have something equivalent to Goodwiill stores in OZ. My first yoke was an old CH Virtual Pilot Pro, I paid $ 5 for, and I used it for almost ten years!

If the Xbox controller is USB, you can just plug it into the Saitek yoke, and use the buttons, or use a USB gamepad the same way.

Good Luck !

Sue

I use my Race Pedals as rudder pedals works a treat actually. I had the Wheel of course so that helped , but as has been said hunt about and I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

I actually had a bit of a brain wave this afternoon involving the use of multiple contriller's in FS is possible and they are all programable directly from FS as well so there is a chance you could easily map the elevator or Aileron axes from a usb Joystick to work as toe brakes and rudder  by canibalising  it and applying it to a set of simple pedals you could build.

Thanks for all the input but I decided to order the Saitek Rudder Pedals (since I have the Saitek yoke and throttle) - should arrive end of next week.  So I'll be all set!

Archived