Lancair Blank Instrument Display!

rockliffe

Hi, I have a feeling this may be a problem that the Orbx guys may be aware of, I hope so. I have just introduced a second monitor that I am using for VFR flying, which encompasses Google earth display and also some instruments. However, after recently purchasing the Lancair, I notice that when I drag individual instruments across to the second monitor, they turn blank. The item is still there, but the instrument display goes to black. This is only resolved once I drag the instrument back onto the main screen. Has anyone any ideas about thisĀ  ???

Though i haven't experienced this myself since i only run one monitor, My first thought would be to ask if you are running a triplehead2go adaptor to run your aditional monitors or the video card?

I know that the triplehead software causes the card to read the monitor setup as one massive screen and the conversion happens at the splitter. Alternativley a card registers two monitors and can change the setup accordingly.

so questions:

1) Which setup are you running?

2) Is it only happening on the lancair?

3) Are the monitors identical?

4) Are the settings identical?

Hi Jared, thanks for the info. I'm not running anything special. The two monitors come directly out of the GTX470. The main display 24" 1920x1200 goes via a KVM switch and the other directly to a 17" 1024x786. I have used this setup with other aircraft, both default and add-on (Carenado 185F) with no problems.... :(

Archived