New System

Bassman

I could paste this in one of the many "new system"  "over clocking" forums however they all seem to have their own particular angle and I would just get more confused.

Basically I have ~AUD$1,500 -AUD$2,000 to spend and want to build a system that can handle FSX sliders to the right.

I only "play" FSX, do not need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones, speakers, joystick, separate sound card etc just the main guts which I believe would be the Case, power supply, mobo,  CPU & RAM, GPU (again RAM). I intend to keep my existing XP system as per signature for all 32 bit programs,  if that is best??? and will operate Windows 7 64 bit (if 64 bit is a good suggestion for FSX??)

Will be happy with ~25fps ( don't believe the human eye can see much faster than that) say out of Orbx's YMML or YBBN as I understand that if a system gets good fps out of these two products it will handle just about anything ???Of course in addition to frame rates there is also the question of the various alliasing etc.

I really don't know much about hardware, SATA, Raid=0 or running two GPU's in SLi's ??? ??? etc, just want to buy a good machine to "play" FSX.

Hate using the word "play", FSX is so much more.

I did build my last two machines myself however just followed standard procedures without knowing the why's and wherefore's. i.e. I know that Sata cables are red and just placed them where the instructions said. Don't know anything else about them nor Raid=0, or any of the other many technical terms used for speeding up systems for that matter.

If some one could, when they have the time, go thru the price list at mys technology or their pre-built system list and perhaps advise me on a system from their selection of parts I would be most grateful.  http://msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf  or  http://www.msy.com.au/SYSTEMS/system.html  for a fully built system.

No, I don't have any financial interest in mys, just don't believe in wasting my hard earned money; will buy from anywhere at best price.

Please, don't need any comparisons or pros /cons friendly debate, as that is where all the other forum topics start to confuse me; just some ideas based upon what is available at mys.

Probably a huge ask so please only respond if you feel you can value add. Trying not to sound pushy as I don't want to waste peoples time is all.

Thanks  Dan (VH-DAN)

Archived