Plans for My New System

Sir Ash

To go along with my other Christmas presents, a Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant pack and the autopilot component, I'll also be getting a new system to go along with it. This is the one I have my eyes set on - http://www.computeralliance.com.au/systems.aspx?qryServer=False&qryAll=True&qrySystemID=74

Intel i7 Quad Core 3.06GHz

DDR3 6GB RAM

ATI 5850 1GB OC version

Windows 7 64 bit

I want to make sure I can get the best performance possible and much improvement as possible for FSX for about $1500-1700. This seems to be a perfect deal for what I want, however from what I've heard about graphics cards and FSX, I may change the ATI 5850 to an Nvidia GTX460 or similar (as long as it's within budget).

Please tell me what you think and any advice on it. I'm getting impatient with my current system. :P

Thanks for the advice. From what I've been reading about the PSU, I think the current one in the setup is good enough for me. I don't plan to have dual graphics cards, I only may just upgrade the RAM later on. As for the graphics card, I'll switch it to a GTX460 Overclocked version (should I get the overclock or the super overclock or neither?) from Gigabyte.

One last thing, with the stock setup, how far is it possible to overclock to? How much cooling would I need if I was to overclock to around 3.5GHz or above?

Archived