FTX Doesn't Load After FSX re- install

mattdee

Recently I had cause to uninstall FSX due to other reasons and reinstall said software. With this I had to also reinstall SP1 and SP2, all installed OK, however after reinstalling FTX DVD software and running FTX Central, apart from getting error messages the FTX terrain does not load. FSX default sceenery loads every time. I simply can't fly unless I'm running the FTX experience, I didn't realise how deathly boring the FSX sceenery is. I would much appreciate a solution to my problem.

Many Thanks

Invoice No. 30242A

Customer No.22023

Recently I had cause to uninstall FSX due to other reasons and reinstall said software. With this I had to also reinstall SP1 and SP2, all installed OK, however after reinstalling FTX DVD software and running FTX Central, apart from getting error messages the FTX terrain does not load. FSX default sceenery loads every time. I simply can't fly unless I'm running the FTX experience, I didn't realise how deathly boring the FSX sceenery is. I would much appreciate a solution to my problem. I'm running Windows 7. Also I'm aware that I must quote an order No. however My DVD was purchased by my Daughter for Fathers day through PC Aviator, and all I received was the shipping slip with an Invoice No. and Customer No.

Many Thanks

Invoice No. 30242A

Customer No.22023

Hi Tim,

This has all been quite convoluted and most frustrating. It all started while trying to establish an addon menu in FSX, without success after many attempts to resolve this problem. During this time FTX was working 100 percent. Out of desperation I delete and re-install FSX, also SP1 and SP2 in that order I also have installed the entire OZx package. After these installs I re-install FTX DVD. No more error messages however FTX central loads and allows me to switch between default FSX and FTX, however when I load FSX there is no change from the default FSX sceenery. I'm absolutely desperate to get FTX up and running again and I understand these problems are very difficult to diagnose other than sitting in front of the machine in question. As I mentioned before all was going perfectly well untill I re-installed FSX, I'm guessing this was not such a great idea.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have regarding my plight.

Regards Matthew

Situation has been resolved after a complete un-install and re-install of everything. I've also installed SP3 001 and it appears even the frame rate has improved. P.S. Love the Lansair fantastic plane, however a hand full to land at YKAT (Katoomba) my training strip.

Archived