Graphics artifacts

Rainey

Firstly, I don't know if YMML2 or Orbx is to blame for this problem however the thoughtful lads on this forum might be able to help me resolve it.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Nvidia GTX460, and added a futher 4gb of RAM to my system (total 8gb). After adding these components I upgraded to YMML2 not having played FSX since my hardware upgrade. Upon launching FSX, no matter the location I am flying in, I see these black vertical artifacts that move across the screen as I rotate the camera as though they are a polygonal mesh rather than a glitch. They appear in all aircraft but disappear when my altitude is above around 500ft?

This is a screenshot of the issue (at Coffs Harbour):

Posted Image

Has anyone come across such a problem?

Nothing from ORBX is to blame, and neither is bufferpools, or the FSX.cfg or graphics drivers

I can reproduce this effect with a vanilla fsx.cfg if I'm in full-screen mode and look around to the side, have had this effect ever since I have used FSX, with a GF6600, GTX8800, GTX285, and now a 480, there where a few threads about this ages ago with no real resolution apart from using windows mode

Thanks Tim. One other thing I forgot to mention is that I also added a second screen and started running UltraMon, so maybe I'll try disabling my dual screens.

- Have updated display drivers (did that again last night to be sure)

- Have rebuilt my fsx.cfg (hence definately no bufferpools tweak, not that I had one before)

- Turned off FTX mode

- Reset my BIOS to remove my overclock

I guess it is related to my hardware update.

Thanks Tim. One other thing I forgot to mention is that I also added a second screen and started running UltraMon, so maybe I'll try disabling my dual screens.

- Have updated display drivers (did that again last night to be sure)

- Have rebuilt my fsx.cfg (hence definately no bufferpools tweak, not that I had one before)

- Turned off FTX mode

- Reset my BIOS to remove my overclock

I guess it is related to my hardware update.

Overclocking a GPU to much can do that......not saying yours is.

Archived