Scenery.cfg not up to date

Holy Cheese

Here's a strange one for the experts.

I just installed FS Commander on my network, and one of the steps involves copying the scenery.cfg from the Users\apps\roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder into the FSX root folder to allow the database to build properly.

When I went to copy the said scenery.cfg file, I had a look in it first, and found to my surprise that it is not up to date in accordance with what is installed in my sim - the last entry is Addon Scenery, and none of the other sceneries I have since installed, including FTX, are listed. On starting the Flight Sim and going to settings\scerey library, everything is hunky dory there, all sceneries are listed and active. The scenery.cfg which is in the root FSX folder is identical to the first one, by the way.

Can anyone shed any light as to why the scenery.cfg is not showing what is in the sim?

Cheers

Jack

Hi Maurice,

the roaming folder is where things like the FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg are stored in Vista. It was always my understanding that this file in the roaming folder was the one that FSX actually uses and the one in the root folder is just, well, there!

I did do a search for scsnery.cfg on the pc, but only came up with these 2. Strangely enough, i thought I'd read somewhere that there were 3.

Cheers

jack

I would say Jack is using Vista, as by default Vista seems to place a lot of stuff under a roaming profile, which makes it hard to find everything. On my Vista machine FSX related stuff lives under \users\{my user name}\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\FSX, \users\{my user name}\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and \ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. In fact my scenery.cfg lives in the last quoted directory.

Archived