Twin Oaks AI

David TRIGGS

I have a problem with AI traffic at Twin Oaks Airport (7S3), that I didn't have before installing the patch 001.

Before the patch, the AI traffic worked OK (even though only operating in one direction) ... now it is there but never moves! I have to say that, although when I executed the patch it reported ..."successfully installed" ... the report in FTX Central remained as version 1.0 ... could this be a sign that something is wrong? Also, now the 7S3 control panel refuses to change AI traffic (ON/OFF) and also reports "unable to change" several other scenery toggles (?!?)

Could the developers (or anyone on the forum) help me over this problem? ... I have no problems with AI traffic at other Orbx airport sceneries ... sorry if this topic has already been raised/resolved on another thread!!

DavidĀ 

Bonjour Bill,

Sorry to be such a non-techie ... but what exactly is "UAC" ... ?!?!

Also another strange thing ... when I installed the latest ORBX library (last!!), the FTX central still reported the previous version, even though (as with 7S3 ver 001) a "successful installation" was noted at the time!

I'd really like to get back my working AI at Twin Oaks ... without uninstalling and re-installing the original version !?!?

David

David,

UAC is User Account Controls, the settings which determine what level of access programs have to change files on your system if you use Windows 7 or Vista. I'd suggest you temporary turn off UAC if you run one of those two operating systems and try making your settings again. If you still have problems, the next move is probably to uninstall and reinstall 7S3, which shouldn't be that difficult. If you need help with altering your UAC settings, let me know - just be sure to specify which operating system you're running.

Thanks for clarifying my idiot UAC question Bill!

As my OP is WindowsXP (the last guy in the world still using this?!?), I suppose I don't have a UAC (but I am an "administaror"!) ... I guess, as you advise, I'll uninstall 7S3 and reinstall without the patch! ... but should I be worried that FTX central reports an older objects library than (I think) I have installed?

David

I tried installing the patch again for my 7S3, and noticed that FTX Central still reported it as v.1.0 too. I wouldn't worry too much about the version number being reported. You can always install the latest orbx libraries after you've reinstalled 7S3 if you're concerned.

OK Bill, thanks.

... I'll uninstall my patched 7S3, and reinstall without the patch. I note that you have the same discrepancy as me over FTX Central reports!

... I'll also afterwards reinstall the latest objects library again (even though FTX Central may not report the correct version! ... not very satisfactory, no?)

David

Archived