Best (cheapest) place to buy a TrackIR? Help please.

squeeker

Hey team.

I've convinced a mate that a track IR is the way to go. (He's not a tinkerer, so the webcam mod is not an option).

So the question is who is the cheapest for a TrackIR at the moment including shipping?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thank, Steve.

What is the web cam mod please?

Its a mod that uses some free software in conjunction with a regular webcam to do the head-tracking thing like a commercial TrackIR!

It was covered in the topic: "Looking forward to getting this running with FTX!"  http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1129.msg7717#msg7717

Cheers, Steve

What is the web cam mod please?

Its a mod that uses some free software in conjunction with a regular webcam to do the head-tracking thing like a commercial TrackIR!

It was covered in the topic: "Looking forward to getting this running with FTX!"  http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1129.msg7717#msg7717

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for that Steve.

Made myself a freetrack rig last night. Components less than ten bucks. Works ok though it needs some fine fine tuning.

I have no idea how it compares with trackIR but if I had spent hundreds of dollars on that system for the same result I wouldn't be happy. As it is I am. I would say have a go at building your own, it's not that hard to do. Or, there is at least one guy on the freetrack forum will build one for you.

for anyone in the UK I have a TrackIR 3 with vector expansion looking for a new home. Or in NZ/Australia if you can wait four months or so  :)

Reason for sale is i bought TrackIR4 and the vector pro clip. I have to say it's a massive improvement!

Best price I have seen for the TrackIR Pro Ultra pack (TrackIR + the Pro Clip + 2 games) is $172.80 US - Gotta love the rising Aussie dollar. Pity they don't ship to Australia but hey I have a work trip to NYC next month so ...... ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived