Tassie Tigers Leg 6 YSTH - YMLT

pphibbs

Our next Tassie Tigers event sees us taking off from St Helens for Launceston via the Conara Junction reporting point.

Depart St Helens and track to Falmouth on the east coast, then turn southwest and track to St Marys. Next, turn further west and track to Finga. Continue tracking westerly to Avoca and Conara Junction, where you report inbound to Launceston. Track to Launceston via Hummocky Hills. Ensure you keep the highway to your right, so you don’t stray into the path of arriving/departing IFR traffic. Finally track to Launceston for a full stop landing.

We will require the following ATC for the event:

+ Melbourne Centre

+ Launceston Tower

Note: St Helens is a non-towered aerodromes so CTAF procedures will apply. You can take advantage of Melbourne Centre for Flight Following and Traffic Advisory if available. You must request permission to enter Controlled Airspace for Launceston at Conara Junction, which is only 4nm to the 2,500' boundary step.

The event will be held at the following times:

Friday 13th Jun at 8:00pm EST/10:00z

Sunday 15th Jun at 3:00pm EST/5:00z

If you are interested in joining in and don't receive the InfoKits for the flights, please send an email to groupflights@virtualVFR.com.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs

VFR Event Manager

VATPAC

In the mean time, jump in a free Warwick Carter Tigermoth. I've got it running in SP2..

The Just Flight one is a work of art, but this ain't bad. The Australian paints also make great AI or other participants' Tigers.

;D

check out: http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/tigermoth.htm

I have a small issue with these as well (sp2).  There are a couple of blank areas where the wing supports don't meet the fuselage. Just sky.  Seams like every other plane I try has an issue with sp2.

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder. The event runs tonight, Friday at 8:00pm EST/10:00z and is repeated on Sunday at 3:00pm EST/5:00z.

Hope you can join in. Remember, if you currently don't receive the kits, send an email to the address listed at the beginning of this thread.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs

VFR Event Manager

VATPAC

Yeah it was great fun - I've noticed that in the screenshot my Tiger Moth (one closest to the fuel depo) is army green where as I was flying the blue varient.  Also, it was night (or close too it) when I landed (must have had diff time settings) and it was a Learjet in the background, not the big cargo plane.

Apart from that - it was an awesome flight.  I'm definitely going to upgrade my computer now to Quad core to take advantage of these flights and better fps.  :)

Thanks for joining in guys.

Regarding the colour of the Tiger, FSInn simply picks the aircraft type and applies the closest match from your hanger (of available aircraft). You have the ability to change the aircraft or livery to suit. Better than SB3 and it's UFO representation for unknown aircraft, which would be the case for our Tiger Moth event.

Also, particularly when we fly at night (on Fridays) we set the time to 12hrs before, so we can enjoy the brilliant VOZ/FTX scenery.

The next Tassie Tigers event will see us taking off from Launcestion controlled airspace to land in Hobart controlled airspace (at Cambridge). There should be lots of ATC and great cross country scenery.

Why not join us. All are welcome.

Remember to request the InfoKits so you get all the preparation material for the flight.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs

VFR Events Manager

VATPAC

Hi,

If you've already received previous InfoKits and NavKits there is no need to apply for future ones. You will get them automatically. If you wish to no longer receive them, just advise and I'll remove you from the list.

Regards, Paul

Archived