Carenado Mooney Aussie Repaints

squeeker

The first of 9 Australian repaints for the brilliant Carenado FSX is up on avsim now.

These are paints of Mooney 201 or 20J planes operated by The Royal Aeroclub of WA at Jandakot.

These are paints originally done by "Reckless" of the VOZ forums, so all credit should go to him for the hard work.  ;D

I have just modded them slightly to work with the FSX version of the Mooney.

To find these paints go to www.avsim.com (you may need to create a login if you don't already have one)

Then search for 'australia mooney fsx'

Then download and install as per the instructions enclosed with th download.

This is the first "VH-SOM" and is the same aircraft on which Russ' great interior Mooney mod is based

see http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3201.0 for that!

Posted Image

More to follow!!

Seems it takes a little while (few hours) for from the time of upload till files become publicly available on AVSIM.

Patience please. >:( Next for download is the original paintjob for VH-MZS.

IRL it is now dark blue and white following a trip to the paintshop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Squeeker - got a day off today because of all the fog, mist, rain etc., so will continue to download & enjoy your excellent repaints. I'm going to need more than the Bigpond 12Gb at this rate!! ;) Cheers, Malcolm

Great paints.  I'll be picking a couple of those up.  Question... What is the field that the last shot was taken at? The one with VH-AKF.  Thanks in advance  ;D

Dave

Hey Dave

From memory the strip is Cuttlefish Bay on Kangaroo Island. Hope I'm right - please anyone correct me if that's not it..

Great paints.  I'll be picking a couple of those up.  Question... What is the field that the last shot was taken at? The one with VH-AKF.  Thanks in advance  ;D

Dave

Hey Dave

From memory the strip is Cuttlefish Bay on Kangaroo Island. Hope I'm right - please anyone correct me if that's not it..

It is indeed. Checked it out. Nice area low and slow.  Again, nice paints and thanks.

Dave

A small request please...  Is there any chance of uploading them to an Oz Flightsim site as some of us have a bit of an ongoing issue with AvSim...

Cheers,

Sure, would be happy to post them elsewhere. Anyone have suggestions for a good site to host them?

Also I've just posted the old VH-KLW paint at Avsim. Should be ready for download any minute.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sure, would be happy to post them elsewhere. Anyone have suggestions for a good site to host them?

From memory Adrian at the Flightsim store had made some space available...  Maybe he will pop in here to confirm.

Cheers,

Ok folks.. The last Mooney VH-KLW is ready for download at www.avsim.com

That's 9 in total.

Now here's the deal. Enjoy the paints, but share your pics. I've had a blast flying around and trying to get some good snaps for this thread.

I'd love to see a collection of everyone's mooneys in the "Community screenshots" forum. Get some formation happening, or fly under your favorite bridge, or over your favorite freeware airstrip. Buzz those sheep.

No excuse not to hit the V key guys!

Thanks everyone for the interest, not many sleeps till Russ' cockpit repaint transforms the inside!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks very, very much Squeeker, for your SUPERB!! Works!

I like it so much!

And now i'm awaiting the release of the phenomenal VC and the Mooney is perfect for so many Sightseeing-Tours in your beautyfull Down Under!

Best Regards from far Switzerland  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would these repaints be available anywhere else? Can't get onto Avsim anymore, work PC conflict!  ;D

The 10 Aussie Mooney repaints for the Carenado 201 20J FSX version are now available for download at AussieX.org (In the repaint download section!)

http://www.aussiex.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=44

Thanks Jaykae for putting these up!!

These paints were previously available on AVSIM, but now have been revised and all include their Australian registration number (eg VH-SOM) painted under the wing. Also some have different weathering or slight differences in the paint to reflect the real world aircraft more closely.

Posted Image

Archived