There's something I havent told anyone...

hawker1693

Lovely shots.  If I may... what dusk sky is that?  Is it REX?  I've been having a hard time finding a REX dusk that doesn't look like a hallucination, and that one's perfect.  Can you ponit me to it?  Thanks in advance!

Lovely shots.  If I may... what dusk sky is that?  Is it REX?  I've been having a hard time finding a REX dusk that doesn't look like a hallucination, and that one's perfect.  Can you ponit me to it?  Thanks in advance!

Great set of shots! Could you tell me what theme, time of year and area you´re using. Just got REX2 recently and still trying to work out best theme.

Bjorn

Hey guys, actually I'm not using REX at all. I'm using sky colors by Pablo Diaz that can be found here, and HDE 2.0 for clouds, also made by Pablo Diaz. (can be found on avsim)

As far as time and season I just selected dusk, and used the current date.

Cheers

Hawker

Hmm, not too shabby  8) Thanks, but I don´t think REX2 and P. Diaz mix, do they?!

B

(its just the textures no weather engine) But I don't know you may be able to copy the sky colors into your texture folder. But I really don't know because I know how REX works... :/

No conflicts at all, when using Pablo's textures and REX. You just need to untick evening/dawn textures, sothat they wont be installed every time you install new textures via rex. That way it installs everything else, but those sky textures, which pablo's set will install. Just copy those to textures folder. (btw this seems to be the newest version of it. Also it includes a deatailed readme how to install them.)

Great set of shots! Could you tell me what theme, time of year and area you´re using. Just got REX2 recently and still trying to work out best theme.

Bjorn

Hey guys, actually I'm not using REX at all. I'm using sky colors by Pablo Diaz that can be found here, and HDE 2.0 for clouds, also made by Pablo Diaz. (can be found on avsim)

As far as time and season I just selected dusk, and used the current date.

Cheers

Hawker

Ooops correction this was DAWN not dusk.

No conflicts at all, when using Pablo's textures and REX. You just need to untick evening/dawn textures, sothat they wont be installed every time you install new textures via rex. That way it installs everything else, but those sky textures, which pablo's set will install. Just copy those to textures folder. (btw this seems to be the newest version of it. Also it includes a deatailed readme how to install them.)

Cool, Thanks Kim!

Those are absolutely superb sky colors.  On my way to download now.  I've had months of frustration with REX, trying to find dawn and sunset colors that look like real life, as opposed to some kind of fever dream.  These are dead on.  Eager to get them loaded.  Thanks for pointing us to them.

GREAT!! I am using this "sky-enhancement" since some weeks now and i will have REX2.0 hopefully (my order has still not arrived yet :'( ) installed in the near future to come! So:

Thank You all for bringing this issue in here and:

Your answers!!

and - once again: GREAT PICTURES!!

have a nice flight

have a nice flight

Heres screenies of FSX time setting "dusk" and "dawn".

That's with REX overdrive and the newest texture set i linked above sometime ago. And JV's enbseries config.

gheeD --

Looks better than anything I've been able to manage with REX, with or without Overdrive.

What sky and cloud textures are you using?

Heres screenies of FSX time setting "dusk" and "dawn".

That's with REX overdrive and the newest texture set i linked above sometime ago. And JV's enbseries config.

gheeD --

Looks better than anything I've been able to manage with REX, with or without Overdrive.

What sky and cloud textures are you using?

I used the one hawker recommended earlier in this topic, and showed that it does work with rex. So im using Pablo's dusk and dawn textures with REX, no conflicts at all. Cloud set is 03.

I used the one hawker recommended earlier in this topic, and showed that it does work with rex. So im using Pablo's dusk and dawn textures with REX, no conflicts at all. Cloud set is 03.

Ah, got it!  Sorry, I misunderstood - thought you meant those were REX skies and I'd somehow missed a great set of sky textures.  Never mind - will set about downloading Pablo's now.

Archived