Season Texture problem west of Oakey...

hutchie

Hello, recently i was flying around Oakey and i noticed west of it that the season was summer when it should be winter, it is a fairly big patch, here is a shot to show you:

Posted Image

Anyhelp? thanks

P.S Shot might be a bit big :-*

West of Oakey is a huge grain growing area (Darling Downs) where wheat is planted around May and comes up as flat green areas during Winter and turns yellow/brown as it ripens later in the year to be harvested in Summer - November/December - so it is not surprising to see green areas in Winter - it would be a worry if we didn't see green in Winter - no bread at the supermarket next summer! This may explain it.

Cheers - Hotspot  ;)

hey hotspot thanks for the reply but i live on the Darling downs and in the past couple of days it is only starting to have a different season texture there, also i noticed on a flight i did before it is the different texture around Amberley, just east of Toowoomba down the range and also around amberley and to the south

Yeah Hutchie, my scenery (same spot as your picture) in winter looks like the camo paintscheme on the default Dak, not green like yours - another of life's little mysteries -  :-\  Which part of the Downs do you live - in a past life I was at Twb and Dal - great area!!

Cheers Hotspot

It made me check my seasons for 6 Darling Downs fields:  I had to re-season 5 of them.  There is a change of seasons there from the standard Gold seasons to keep it drier longer.  Now where did those strips go?  I seem to have lost them. :D

Archived