Heading Bug bugging me

squeeker

Hey team. I'm having trouble with accurately setting the heading bug on the Directional Gyro (or Heading Indicator or Direction Indicator or whatever its called :-\ )

Sometimes I can change the value in 1 degree increments when hovering the cursor over the knob, but most of the time a single mouseclick or rotation of the scroll-wheel results in an increase/decrease of 10 degrees.

Is there a simple way to change this, or a keyboard shortcut that does things more precisely?

More fun to ignore the instruments and just fly from landmark to landmark, but I'm trying to do things properly to cut down on bad habits :D

Thanks

Steve.

What Aircraft and in which Sim as the Directional Gyro in various Aircraft can and do vary a bit in operation.

Now that being said you may have the value scrolling according to the mouse scroll settings too so that may need checking.

You can also map these values to a key on your keyboard in the settings section of FSX.

I know that the faster you click the values increase...ie..click slow, will go up in 1 knot increment, click faster will go up in 10 knot increments.

Frank

Thanks everyone for all your help.

It seems that the DG problem only occurs in my mooney specifically. Other payware and FSX stock aircraft are unaffected. The DG behaves normally initially, but when I make a large (fast) input and the increments go to units of 10 (as they should), thats the mode it stays in until the end of the flight. No real drama.

Cheers

Steve.

Archived