New Here to Orbx

Rockitglider

Hello,

I'm new here, I downloaded the demo for PNW and tried it to make sure my system could handle it and shortly after purchased the full version. Just wanted to say what a great scenery, very entertaining! For hours, and hours.... I think I bettter get some sleep before I fall face first into my keyboard.  8) Is this scenery going to keep going and eventually cover the whole USA like your AU seems to do, or just the western part of the US? Just wondering. I think I'm going to have to start on the AU sceenery soon, I like the red one the best but I really don't know much about Australia, is the Red version a good one to start with? Thanks for the great work,

See ya, Rockitglider  8)

G"day Rockiy,

The textures in AuRed are mindblowing .. very real to life, and completely transform the area.

Most of Australia's population is spread on the eastern seaboard and temperate zones (AuBlue and AuGold) so if you are planning hopping from airport to airport then these are a richer collection of fields.

Don;t forget to add on the free OZx GA fields and ORBX airports to complete the picture.

Personally I think the best way is to get the SP3 DVD and install all of them .... and no, I'm not paid to say that.

G'day Rockitglider!  Welcome to yet another addiction to feed...

Definitely give the Aussie scenery a go, I rarely fly outside of it (but I'm biased  ;D)  I spend a lot of time flying in AU Red, mostly because that's where I grew up, and it does capture the feel of the scenery very well indeed.  Try the AU Blue demo out, it covers Tasmania and is a fantastic representation of what to expect before laying down your hard-earned.  But yeah, like Ian said ^^^ go for the AU DVD if you can, that way you get the whole continent.

Cheers,

Derek

BTW, nice glider in your pic    :D

Hi Rockitglider,

I agree with both comments, it's what I did. I downloaded the Blue demo first and was so overwhelmed with Tasmania, I went and bought the DVD SP3, I also downloaded all the FTX freeware airports and OZX stuff aswell.

Unfortunately I haven't finished in PNW yet, so haven't been to the Red area in Aus, and only done Tasmania, a bit of Blue, and a bit of Gold. I'll get to it eventually.

Is this scenery going to keep going and eventually cover the whole USA like your AU seems to do, or just the western part of the US? Just wondering.

Hi Rocketglider,

There has been claims from the top of FTX ORBX that one day they will cover the entire globe. but for now they have posted the following regional projects:

Pacific Fjords

Northern Rockies

Southern Rockies

Northern California

And of course......

New Zealand - North and South Island

I hope that they will cover the rest of North America as I would really like to see Cape Breton Island and Newfoundland get the ORBX makeover someday. Those are some of the best scenery in the world and yet not represented very will in FSX.

Cheers

Hello all,

I found the AU Blue demo and installed it and flew one flight last night before bed time and I'm not sure if it was turned on or not, I noticed in the FTX control panel that I can only turn on one area at a time is this correct? Well it looked good anyway, but it's a lot of area to cover so I will experiment with it and see what happens. Also I will look for the DVD link, don't remember seeing it when going through the site. But no worries, I'll find it :)

Rockitglider  8)

Hi there Rockitglider

I started with the Au Blue demo then bought Au Blue and was thinking of getting Red next. But realised that i will get all Aus regions anyway eventually so decided just to buy the DVD and get the lot. Yeah so if you can afford it maybe you should do that like the others said. Then you can just concentrate on getting the airports. Theres lots to do :).

Regards

Si

.....  I noticed in the FTX control panel that I can only turn on one area at a time is this correct?

You would select FTXAu which activates all 4 regions in Australia.

Within the limits of FSX there are certain files that need to be swapped in and out for each region to make things look and work right.  You do not have to switch between Au regions, however.

Hi rockitglider welcome,  I am sure you will find alot of folks willing to answer your questions on this forum,

cant remember how I found out about this scenery but I am glad I did ...I have spent many nights with my own face ending up on my keyboard with bloody eyes. 

If you buy pnw may I suggest that you look into some of the addon airports for the region . they are really superb quality. ;D

Yeah welcome Rockitglider, best forum I have been on, best support and great friendly atmosphere(most the time anyway ;D).  Jokin apart I hope you enjoy your stay here and expand that collection of Orbx.  You'll love it, I know I do ;)

Jimmy

There has been claims from the top of FTX ORBX that one day they will cover the entire globe. but for now they have posted the following regional projects:

Pacific Fjords

Northern Rockies

Southern Rockies

Northern California

And of course......

New Zealand - North and South Island

I hope that they will cover the rest of North America as I would really like to see Cape Breton Island and Newfoundland get the ORBX makeover someday. Those are some of the best scenery in the world and yet not represented very will in FSX.

Cheers

Oh nice, I'd love to see NorCal done.  That's where I live and I have a friend training to be a pilot that would love it even more.

Archived