fremantle still missing after SP1

Ronski

Hi all,

I remembered a post about the missing port of Fremantle and it was said that this would be fixed with SP1. However, after installing the update, nothing has changed, just a blank still.  Seems Perth has not been included.

Any news on this or will SP2 fix it?

regards,

Ron.                                                order no 5332

I am not sure if we made a commitment to add the scenery for the port of Fremantle into AU BLUE SP1 - if we did, then I apologise (please link me up to the post where that promise was made), because AU BLUE SP1 does not address "missing" scenery, but refines the base FTX region pack, which does not include any scenery elements.

The only thing we can address in our FTX service packs is roads/coastlines/lighthouses/VFR obstructions/missing towns (in landclass, not scenery) and autogen object/texture issues.

Anything outside of those core elements of FTX is the domain of the freeware airport/scenery development team, who operate on a different dev cycle to the core FTX products.

The previous post was topic=1453.0,

I think it went on to say that all would be addressed with the release of FTX cityscapes-Perth.

the part that said it would also be addressed in sp1 was a reply from  Uhu_Fledermaus. quote ;

just to clarify something and before one out there starts to cry murder, the VSX1.0 package was released before FTX at that moment in time the VSX developers did not have the FTX SDK at their disposal as it was still beeing developed, with the next VSX1.1 these problems will be addressed properly, also with SP1 for the AU Blue region this will be addressed so all will look as it should.

Not to worry, the cityscapes Perth sounds fantastic and is exactly what I need...any idea when it will be available?

Ron.

• 1 month later...

Hi John has anything further been decided about this problem it is very much a white blot on the landscape.

Thanks to all the team for some fantastic scenery and I look forward to each new release with anticipation.

Cheers

Freo was done for VOZ/VSX by Tom Stiglmayer, who is no longer doing any FS design work. Yes, Perth Cityscape will include a superb rendition of Freo etc, but that's still some way off. Jarrad needs to complete YJPT before getting fully into CityScape, so don't hold your breath on it. The only thing I can sugggest is to lobby the OZx crew to port Tom's work from VOZ to OZx as an interim step. You need to keep in mind that FTX is not a scenery addon, but a ground terrain and vector addon. The scenery we included are really only "bonus" areas to add stuff like Perth and Adelaide CBD which were lacking in default FSX. That does not mean we will include extensive scenery in FTX region packs; that was never the plan. The extent of which we remedy issues in FTX regions is to address missing towns in landclass, road, coastlines and vertical obstructions etc, but not to add scenery which was in VOZ/VSX; that's beyond the scope of the FTX region packs.

Hi John many thanks for the prompt reply it has answered the question for me. I can live with Freo as it appears because all the rest is fantastic. At the moment I have just found Somersby. Now for another small strip.

Cheers

Archived