frame rate with DX9

level135

Hi,

I am back since a few days flying over beautiful ORBX sceneries, but something is getting wrong.

When I fly with DX9, the frame rate is very bad from 20 fps to 4 fps, each time I fly over or near an airfield, and not only a big one like Brisbane,

even near Coffs or aero pelican.

When I select DX10, things return to normal and I get around 50 to 90 fps on unlimited.

but I would prefer to use DX9 as antialiasing and aniso are much more efficient.

Do you have an idea of what's happend ?

Here is the detail of my computer: Wondows 7 64 bits

QuadCore Intel Core i7 860, OC to 3733 MHz

Asus P7P55D Pro  /  4087 Mo (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)  G Skill F3-12800CL7-2GBRM         

ATI Radeon HD 5870 / Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 26" LC) 

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card

Hi Luc,

it sounds rather strange that you say it initially showed an improvement and then it dropped again, I assume there must be something else going on with your system.

of course I only can speak from my own expiriences, but with the DX9.0c update it installs the latest DX9 files from august this year, as fsX is a DX9 based application at least on my end it brought a visible improvement.

what the exact issue at your end is I cannot fathom, but looking at your specs fsX should fly on your system with it compared to my outdated crate here.

You are righ Wolter as when you try to install DX9.c in a win 7 64 system it ends with a msg saying a newer version (DX11) is installed and aborts the install...

there must be another problem with Luc's system that is causing his FR to drop...

regards  Jorge

One thihg I've forgoten to say, that I don't have this problem when I fly over other parts of the world, over Aerosoft germany scenery or France VFR franch scenery for instance.

Over this other these sceneries ùy setting is always DX9.

I tried to delete FSX.cfg as I knew it can fix some troubles sometimes, but at this times that didn't work.

As you say it'srather strange.

Hi Luc,

here an alternative method for the DX9.0c files (june-2010)

when d/l'd unpack in a folder and run the exe from it, you'll notice that it will update a number of files all of them DX9.0c

and to make sure I did run 'm on my puter as well, no I'll effects noticed ;D

let me know how you fare

good evening Wolter,

I've installed DX9.0c the way you advise me to do, and it's better, at Tamworth I get between 25 to 50. but during the trip from Aeropelican to Tamworth, when I flew under an overcast sky or even through dense clouds, the fps still drop to 5 to 15.

It seems the cloud textures put my system on his knees, specialy when I use Active Sky.

regards

Luc

Hi,

I've tried to get more FPS changing the 3d cloud resolution to 128X128, with X graphic, but no improvement at all.

On warnervale I get only 15 fps under DX9 and between 35 to 50 fps with DX10.

It's always much better with DX10, the only problem is that the image quality is ot so good and many addons doesn't manage

very well with DX10

If someone can get good setting witk DX9 on is computer with an ATI graphic card, I'll be pleased to know his settings.

Cheers

luc

Hi Luc,

I'm really sorry to hear that you stil have issues with the fps on DX9, I can not comment on settings for an ATI card as I have a nVidia card.

I hope that other forum members that have ATI cards will jump in and maybe can point you in the right direction to resolve your issues.

Archived