Elevation issue at Seattle, KSEA

Hank

I have an elevation problem at Seattle International. When I came in to land the runway looked good. As I got closer and down to about 200ft, the runway dissappeared and turned to grass and cliffs appeared on the edges of the runway (grass).

Also the terminal building was up in the air with some of the ground warning markings.  Tried the 5m and 2m settings but to no avail. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hank

Hello Hank,

First try opening up FTXcentral and switch to [Default] and then back to [North America], this normally solves most issues like this

If not, check that you have the PNW.002 patch installed

and lastly do you run any AI programs other than the default FSX AI?

Hi Tim,

Just tried your "trick"; but to no avail.

I loaded the default FSX in, went for a flight.... exited FS and reloaded in the NW scenery.

Flew over KSEA, all looked good, but on finals the runway turned to turf again. Forced the

aircraft down, but it crashed into the cliffs that took the place of the runway.

Hope there is a fix?

Cheers

Hank

Thanks Tim,

I remember downloading the patch before I went away for a month. Just hadn't installed it... duuhhh.

All working fine now. Once again ORBX proves itself as a fantastic producer of add on software

and a host of guys that will be there to sort out problems when they arise.

Cheers

Hank

Hi Tim,

Applied the patch, and I think that FPS improved a little. I did notice though that the patch seemed to

affect the loading of objects on the screen... it was as if they loaded slower,,not so far away from

the aircraft. Was that the intention of the patch?

Cheers

Hank

Fred,

Thanks for coming in on this post, but as you can see, the situation has been resolved by the patch that

Tim pointed me to.

Tim, thanks for letting us in on the things that patches do. The loading in must just be in my head I guess.

I have the frame rates set to 25, and I noticed they pretty well stuck there flying around Seattle.

Thanks once again for all your input.

Cheers

Hank

Archived