ATC

John York

ATC are getting on my nerves.

I fly probably about half and half VFR & IFR.  Have you noticed how many mistakes there are in the ATC with the way what they say and what you actually get can so often be completely different?

Today I've done a short IFR flight and during it I've been given a heading verbally that bears no relation to that given on the screen and not only that, twice I was asked to tune into one airport and when I did I actually got a different one! 

All I can say is God help the real pilots if they have to put up with that nonsense.

I sometimes wonder if these little tricks have been put in to 'make it more interesting' in a similar way to that with the Rod Machedo lessons where he tells you to do one thing, then twiddles with the controls to prevent you doing it and then fails you for not doing it! ::)

John

All I can say is God help the real pilots if they have to put up with that nonsense.

Real world is different and real world has a different set of challenges. FSX is so programed that it feels more robotic then the real world.

The only problem I ever notice with ATC is being told to turn to a particular heading, and a minute later being told to turn to the heading I was previously flying.  Mainly happens on descent and setting up for final.

This is because the wind drifted you off of your vectored heading. ATC turned you back towards the proper vector and put you back on course. (They never tell you this because FSX ATC is so impersonable)

Archived