AVG

flylow

G,day All..Have been having problems logging onto these sites.1.VOZ 2.ORBX 3.FTX 4.Fl;ight Sim Store..All other sites which i log on to have been OK

Obviously am now on FTX.

Problem was AVG Link scanner...Had to turn it off so i could get on to my favourite FSIM sites..

Am mentioning this just in case  anyone else has had problems with AVG.......

Order Numbers  3186/7010

Cheers  flylow

flylow When installing AVG select the custom option and untick the avg security toolbar. Also untick the email scanner and plug in for Microsoft office as there intrusive. Once installed turn off AVG background protection as they have conflicts with games and apps.

To access AVG functions go to the tools menu selecting advance settings and disable all "resident shield and link scanner" by sifting through the "+" and opening them. Those items have no bearing on virus scanning and just use up cpu with no benefits.

Under the scan components in the advance settings tick everything except remove the tick against Automatically heal/remove infections. This will allow for you to research and decide if you with to delete such infected file or it's a false positive. Under the schedules components untick all instances of  Enable this task. You can remove the avg8_tray startup in msconfig in the start up section.

Run a program called autoruns and under the everything tab remove the tick against all instances of the following

avg8 shell extensions

scan with avg free

linkscanner

avg safe search

avgmfx86.dll

Doing this wil stop avg running crap in the background and remove all intrusive parts of avg........

Or you could just do yourself a favour and ditch AVG for a better freeware program like AVAST. It's a non intrusive scanner that is completely free (for non commercial users) and won't interfere with FSX or FTX and keeps you safe from most of the threats. I been using it for some time and swear by it. (P.S. This is not a paid advertisement, just my 0.02c worth!)

Frank

Archived