VFR Operations - Archerfield

pphibbs

Hi Guys,

This flight sees us taking off from Archerfield Airport (YBAF) for a scenic flight East to Stradbroke Is. then North to Cape Moreton where we turn West and track to Bribie Island and onto the Glass House Mountains. From there we fly to Kilcoy and turn south to Summerset Dam, then South East to Dayboro. After reaching Dayboro, we track South to Lake Sampsonvale on our way to Archerfield Airport (YBAF) via the TV Towers for a full stop landing.

I'm requesting the following ATC support for the flight:

+ Archerfield Tower

+ Brisbane Centre

The event will be held at the following times:

Friday 6th June at 8:00pm EST Sydney/10:00z

Sunday 8th June at 3:00pm EST Sydney/5:00z

If you are interested in joining in and currently don't receive my Information Kits for the flight, please send a email to groupflights@virtualVFR.com.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs

VFR Event Manager

VATPAC

Gday i  will be joining you in flying this vfr flight as i am a real life pilot in training at archerfield and fly to the destinations which we will be going too which has great scenery i will be there for the friday and sunday flight please give me details on what server this will be hosted on for example gamespy, vatsim i will be flying the craendo 172 rg payware or the payware cirrus sr22 as they are the aircraft which i fly as for atc i may be able to help with atc but i think i would rather fly and enjoy the scenery hopefully we can get someone to do some for us if not we just can do traffic callouts hope to hear from you soon and look forward to flying with you soon

REGARDS 

MATTHEW LAUCHLAN  VH-QAN

WWW.VIRTUALVIRGINBLUE.COM

VICE PRESIDENT

Hi Matthew. I'm a real-world pilot too (just started my CPL navs at Jandakot WA) and have been on about 5 of these events.

They are really good, and so far, there has been ATC for every flight, so I would recommend joining in as a pilot. The Friday night gig normally has more participants (usually 10-20 planes) with slighty fewer people on the sunday.

Almost everyone is using vatsim* on the OCEANIA server 202.45.127.66

The unicom frequency is 122.8

The unicom channel is rw1.vatpac.org/unicom-au

All normal frequencies as per ERSA are used in flight.

*(i have seen the odd person use SB3 but I don't know anything about how it works)

Also there is a "company frequency" for chat throughout the event. If you use the VVL program that is built in to the fscontrol panel then you just enter rw1.vatpac.org/virtualVFR into the window and away you go.

Paul Phibbs, who organises these events, does a great job of making an "information kit" which has a bunch of local maps, the routes to be flown etc. I would suggest that if he doesn't get back to you via this forum, that you contact him through the vatpac.org site. (or i can email you the latest kit, but better to go through Paul methinks)

He also runs an event where a bunch of people get together and fly tigermoths in hops around tasmania ("tassie tigers") every 2nd week. also worth a go. same server etc.

Please send me a PM if you would like any further info and i'll hook you up. It would be great to have pilots there with some local knowledge of calls and common procedures.

Cheers,  Steve

Gday i  will be joining you in flying this vfr flight as i am a real life pilot in training at archerfield and fly to the destinations which we will be going too which has great scenery i will be there for the friday and sunday flight please give me details on what server this will be hosted on for example gamespy, vatsim i will be flying the craendo 172 rg payware or the payware cirrus sr22 as they are the aircraft which i fly as for atc i may be able to help with atc but i think i would rather fly and enjoy the scenery hopefully we can get someone to do some for us if not we just can do traffic callouts hope to hear from you soon and look forward to flying with you soon

REGARDS 

MATTHEW LAUCHLAN  VH-QAN

WWW.VIRTUALVIRGINBLUE.COM

VICE PRESIDENT

Matthew, just send Paul an email at the address he has provided and he will send you the info pack. As squeeker says it is hosted by vatsim with comms handled by either FSinn or squawkbox3. See the vatsim site for more info on these programs.

I've only sat in as an observer on 1 or 2 of these (not confident with my radio calls yet) but it looks like it would be good practice for you (impress your instructor at you next lesson with what you have learnt :) )

Thanks guys i am already set up on vatsim and fly on there regulary with my virtual airline www.virtualvirginblue.com i will be attending and will be glad to show you brisbane procedures it is a beautiful place to fly around i may need a hand to set up 122.80 but i think i have voice comms on unicomm working fine see you in the skies guys looking forward to this event

REGARDS

MATTHEW LAUCHLAN

Thanks Guys for pointing Matt in the right direction. He now has the kits and will automatically receive future ones.

Anthony, if you want to get over any concerns with radio work, I'd be happy to get together with you during the week at a quiet field and go through some basics with you.

Then, you could join in the Tassie Tigers series when ATC isn't involved initially or have a go - up to you.

I'm also happy to send you the course I run - Flight Radio for VFR Pilots to read through if you like. Get back to me via email and we'll make it happen.

Regards, Paul Phibbs

VFR Event Manager

VATPAC

Just a question will the voz scenery clash with ftx scenery package that you request to be installed

REGARDS

MATTHW LAUCHLAN

[br]Posted on: June 04, 2008, 05:01:30 PM

[br] [DOUBLE POST AUTOMERGE:] MEANING THE AU BLUE AND GOLD

Its cool wil just use ftx i think it is great enough scenery for this event also may need help in direction in putting server shortcuts for voice comms i hae voice up and can do atc around vatsim with fsinn but just dont know where to place the address you require me too sorry for the incovenience

nice and that is payware from flightsimstore and also any chance we can get together and show me where i have to put these files into fsinn for comms sorry[br]Posted on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:07 PM

[br] [DOUBLE POST AUTOMERGE:] or give me msn address and we can talk on mike chat about it

Hi Matt,

Let me send you the Radio course I run which tells you how to install and use FSInn and the CTAF add-on file etc.

Let me know how you get on. If you have issues, we can have a private session during the week to set things up.

Regards, Paul

ok sweet because i have just set fsinn up and can do atc around the world fine but dont know how to add things like that have had a look at it but just didnt know what to do with it looking forward to this event looks like its going to be great and was that plane payware from flightsimstore.com[br]Posted on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:50 PM

[br] [DOUBLE POST AUTOMERGE:] red-gie6@hotmail.com

Thanks for your email of the radios set up will have a look and if i need any assistance i will contact you will see if i can work it out when i get home from work one day to go to the event looking forward to it thanks for your reply regards

Just a reminder guys, the flight is conducted tonight at 8:00pm EST/10:00z and repeated on Sunday at 3:00pm EST/5:00z.

Should be a great night - weather permitting. We've had some stormy weather in the Brisbane area recently and the storms are still hanging around after checking the weather I just sent out.

All are very welcome, if you need any kits remember to use the email address specified earlier in this thread.

Have a GREAT weekend guys.

Regards,  Paul

Hey all

Just like to say how much fun I had on Friday night's flight. Big thanks to everyone. The ORBX scenery around Archerfield is REALLY spectacular. Nice weather conditions at takeoff, with a bit of cloud dodging needed as we tracked north and then inland - added to the realism. Good to have ATC too throughout.

If you haven't joined in one of these flights I have to recommend it - see previous entires in this thread for details. The fsinn setup is not too difficult and being airborne with 10+ aircraft adds a new dimension to the whole FS experience.

I promised myself I would take a bunch of DECENT screenshots this trip, but got a little preoccupied with stick and rudder. So here's the few that I did take (apologies for the lack of composition).

Hope to see you all on Sunday at 0500UTC.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes i agree thankyou to paul for the event its was well done and to the atc controllers which made it real nice screenshots there steve will try and make the nxt one might be going out but hopefully i can

Archived