Finaly got a new PC for FSX/FTX

Nyxx

Just come, got to install everything, fingers crossed everything is good.

Thanks for all the good advice on these forums.

Spec:

Case: Antec 902

i7 950 3.06GHz @ 4.00GHz

Power Supply: Corsair TX 850W ATX

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B CPU Cooler with 2000RPM Sharkoon Silent Eagle 120mm

Graphics Card: OcUK Value GeForce GTX 480 1536MB

Corsair Dominator 6GB- Ultra-low 7-8-7-20 latency

HD for fsx-Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SATA 6Gb/s

Congratulations Dave,

Looks like a hell of a rig.

You can save a lot of time and money from the advice gleaned from some of the Guru's here, mate.

Can't wait to see some of your new screeny's on that rig. Should be just perfect for the 738, too,

Frank

Thanks very much for all the kind words.

I've not installed FTX yet but here is a Q for you. My Son bought the same PC as me only thing diffrent is he did not get a SSD. I've just looked at his and his shows the same strange thing as mine......8 cores??? and there all working???

Posted Image

Whats going on there lol ?

congrat dave on your new rig,the i7950 is a great chip mate you wont be disapointed,having owned one myself and combined with the new gtx480 card,great choice mate enjoy your fsx  :)

And you must love that case. I do! Just remember that those fans draw a fair amount of power when cranked to max. So, if you´re stress testing your oc, watch the temps. before turning up the fans. I have a suspicion that on my old rig, it did draw too much power so it would limit my overclock. But I see you´ve got a little stronger PSU. Good on ya! ;)

Bjorn

Great system, basically the exact setup I've just built (albeit I got another 6gb of RAM to help with my video editing)

Have you overclocked this yet? I would love to OC mine but haven't the slighest idea how to and what settings to use...so if you have, could you pass on your settings :)

Cheers

I bought it OC as i have no idea or the balls to do it.  ::)

Ive just finished loading FTX and some aircraft, cutting out a lot of aircraft to keep the size of fsx install down on the SSD.(120gb)

There is no point in posting SS as imo they have all been seen before, needless to say its like a hole new world, so clear, so sharp, so fast at getting perfect sharp texture loaded in. Running max setting for GA FPS locked @24 never dropes  ;D

The thing thats blown me away is the load times.

My SSD is a SATA III one and set up on a SATA III mobo.

Clicking on the Fsx icon to loaded takes 6.5 sec  :o  :o

To load the aerosoft Bus at the stand at YBBN takes 29 sec.

So far I am over the moon and thanks again for all the kind remarks guys  :)

Archived