Issues with Dual Saitek Throttle Quadrants

micgrech

Hi Guys and Gals!

I posted the below on the Saitek forum but thought I woud also post on here seeing the great amount of  knowledge there is around this on these forums.

Hope someone can shed some light!

Thanks!!!

Hi There,

Hoping you can assist.

I have one Saitek Throttle Quadrant which is USB and works fine.

I have just purchased the new Saitek Yoke which also comes with a throttle quadrant. I would like to use both quadrants for FSX.

I realise the connection for this is a PS2 connection not a USB. The green light on both quadrants are on but My Windows 7 system only recognises one quadrant.

I have loaded FSX and the control settings also only has one quadrant.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can get both quadrants to work!

Cheers

This might be too obvious, but I assume you plugged in the quadrant with the 'PS2 connection' into the Yoke (and not into the mouse/keyboard connector on your PC)?

Which quadrant is not working, the USB one or the Yoke one?

Also, I assume your yoke is working fine?

I'm using exactly this configuration without issues.

This might be too obvious, but I assume you plugged in the quadrant with the 'PS2 connection' into the Yoke (and not into the mouse/keyboard connector on your PC)?

Which quadrant is not working, the USB one or the Yoke one?

Also, I assume your yoke is working fine?

I'm using exactly this configuration without issues.

Yes yoke is working fantastic!  Better then the CH yoke I previously had!

Throttle quadrant is plugged directly into the yoke.  Green light on throttle quadrant is on but device is not recognized under fsx or in windows device manager!

The TQ plugged in by USB works fine!

Cheers

Have you loaded the Saitek driver's at all ?

Irrespective of what has or is likely to be said you DO require them so that Windows  is aware of what is connected. You don't necessarily need to employ the profile to set up functions. 

Agree with Wouterje. My set up sees Yoke and TQ1 as one unit and the second TQ as a second unit.

Cheers

Jack

Ok,  I understand what you guys are saying!  When trying to map the throttle leavers on TQ1 I suppose I will have to ensure that Saitek Yoke is selected from the drop down list in FSX.

I was trying to map the throttle quadrant using TQ2 in the drop down list in FSX but that was not working.

I will test this out tomorrow night when I am back at home, but thanks for the tips!

I appreciate your assistance with this!  Stay Tuned!!

Cheers

So your saying that when you go to the Control Tab in FSX you only see the first yoke and there is no drop down menu where you select you Rudder Pedals and Second controller ie TQ2.

I will reboot to Windows 7 and check this ,

So your saying that when you go to the Control Tab in FSX you only see the first yoke and there is no drop down menu where you select you Rudder Pedals and Second controller ie TQ2.

I will reboot to Windows 7 and check this ,

Hi Maurice_King

TQ1, saitek yoke and pedals are in the list,  just no TQ2!

As per comments below,  seeing the quadrant that omes with the yoke is ps2 connection, I would say it would recognize the yoke and TQ as 1!

I find it bizarre that it didn't come as a USB connection.  When you purchase individual TQ it does come as USB!

Thanks!

In case you haven't figured this out yet, the din-connected quadrant is part of the yoke. Select 'Saitek pro flight yoke' in the control config screen and you can assign all the functions to all the axes and buttons on the yoke itself and on the quadrant.

Thanks Guys.

The quadrant is part of the yoke.  I have been able to map the controls.  Its great!!

The only issue is that I can not allocate the 6 rocker switches to the camera shortcuts in Ezdok.

Is anyone able to use these buttons in Ezdok??

Cheers

Thanks Guys.

The quadrant is part of the yoke.  I have been able to map the controls.  Its great!!

The only issue is that I can not allocate the 6 rocker switches to the camera shortcuts in Ezdok.

Is anyone able to use these buttons in Ezdok??

Cheers

That´s probably where FSUIPC comes to play, could map the buttons to key-presses.

Bjorn

OK the Throttle Quadrant that is part of the initial Yoke purchase, IS NOT PS2 NEVER plug this into a PS2 port on ANY MoBo as you could do major damage, while the connector is PS2 configuration it is not in fact a PS2 connectible device.

Now The TQ and Yoke purchased as a base unit are seen as one device the second TQ aka TQ2 should be seen as a second device regardless of whether it is plugged into your Yoke USB sockets or other USB Hub or MoBo USB ports, indecently the yoke can be turned into a powered USB hub which is why there is a power socket requiring 5VDC @ 1.5 - 2 Amps.

The power requirements above are exactly why I prefer to use a powered hub rather than draw power from the MoBo

I run an external powered USB Hub to provide power to all my USB devices and never unplug any devices either as it reduces the possibility of either configuration errors or spikes that could cause problems with the devices.

Archived