Validation Failed

Iceman

Today I bought and downloaded the AUBlue and saved as it suggested.  When I clicked on the application setup_CLS_Sydney_fsx.exe to open the Zip file to extract, the process began the routine and when I entered the validation code, order # and date of order I get a message saying:

VALIDATION FAILED:<! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC"-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

My order # is FSS0006905 and purchased on 2008-05-26

I have a broadband connection so my internet protocols are always on.  The following files were downloaded:

data1.dat

data2.dat

data3.dat

data4.dat

data5.dat

setup_CLS_Sydney_fs9.exe

data1.dat

data2.dat

data3.dat

data4.dat

data6.dat

setup_CLS-Sydney_fsx.exe

CLS_Sydney_manual.pdf

CLS_Sydney_extra.exe

CLS_Sydney_fsx_default_gates.txt.txt

welcome.pdf

I am using fsx

Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Richard

Looks to me that you got something mixed up there Richard

As ORBX_FTX we have no connection, affiliation or relation in any form or way with CLS see the file name => setup_CLS_Sydney_fsx.exe

the FTX_Blue file is named OrbxFTXAUBlue.exe

So no offence ment but seems you have a slight mixup somewhere there at your end

Many thanks for the response Uhu.

I have to admit that I did make a little faux pas and listed the data for another program.  Please ignore that information.

The downloaded AUBLUE files (x2) of which were orbxftxAUBlue.ex & Important Readme!.txt were downloaded and saved as a zip file.

When I click on the exe file it goes through the ectracting process.  When it gets to the point of an online validation, I enter the details requested and click next and it is at this point that I get the message across the screen:

VALIDATION FAILED:<! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC"-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

I apologise for the confusion and hope it now makes sense now and that you are able to help.

Many thanks

Richard

THANKS WOLTER,

I SWITCHED OFF THE FIREWALL AND EMPTIED MY CACHE AND RETRIED THE EXE PART OF THE ZIP FILE.  I ended up with the same error message after all the information requested was entered.

OK, no need to get agitated, I'm only trying to help you, and thank GOD I'm only human and do not have all the answers pan ready for all questions.

So last resort get in touch with Adrian from the FlightSimStore and send in a ticket with your complaints, he build the installer so he probably will know best as to how to get your problem sorted.

Sorry

Ok Wolter will do.  Many thanks for your invaluable help.

The capital letters wern't intentional and realise now what they mean in internet speech.

Hope Adrian can help.

Regards

Richard

Have you checked that you are putting your information in correctly, like so ?

a. Order number : "FSS000" + your 4-digit number (don't add the " quotes to FSS000). So you should enter for example: FSS0001234

b. Order date: 2008-03-06              YEAR-MONTH-DAY

c. Registration key: Same as on the screen. ie ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO

Hi All,

Sorry to come in late on this one. The error you're getting is very peculiar indeed and does indicate something interfering with the communication between the wrapper and the FSS server. That kind of HTML header shouldn't be returned from the validation scripts ever. So either it's coming from something in between the wrapper and the server, i.e. a firewall (but you've turned that off, I know) or we're getting a server error because the script doesn't like the data that's its receiving.

Once thing I'd like you to check Iceman is if that you are not including any whitespace characters at the beginning or end of the values entered into the wrapper. I had an issue a week or two ago that almost had me stumped  and it turns out the gentleman had been leaving spaces at the end of each piece of data. I put some mods in place to try and overcome that but there may still be an issue.

The other thing to try would be Manual Validation. You can find a few simple instructions about it here:

https://www.flightsimstore.com/fssoa.php

Many Thanks for your advice Adrian.

I left no leading or trail spaces during data input nor used the quotes "".

I did think of using a manual validation but since I had already been assigned a code I didn't think it would be necessary.  I will certainly give it a try and then report back.

Many thanks again.  Nothing is ever simple in life  :)

Regards

Richard

Archived