new caledonia freeware scenery FSX

amentiba

Marc Henry Guitteny has released a freeware scenery for New Caledonia on FSX....

Nouméa in Photoreal rendition + an adapted mesh for the whole island.

Coral barriers are too presented but i 've got a problem showing them as well as the author on his website...

Still in progress for the good rendition, but this is a great work and a good freeware to use for some travels between New Caledonia and Australia...

http://marcoh.gratisim.fr/caledonie.html

Yes but as i said, i've not the good rendering on coral barriers, and only Nouméa is on photoreal rendition (a very great work with a manual add of the landmarks). I'm working to have this render on my FSX and the author too. The render is good on his computer, not on mine...  He thinks i've got a DXT1 render as his is on DXT5... Very strange when i see my config...

The rest has been well treated (mesh and textures used for the rest of the island) and it's a great work. It doesn't exist on FSX (but the original FSX scenery, of course...)

Thank you amentiba, downloaded and had a quick fly. New Caledonia is much better now  :)  We can now go from Aus mainland to Lord Howie Is, Norfolk Is , New Caledonia and , I just remembered, Hawaii  . Jeez, the way we are going we'll end up in States                            ::)

Quite a good effort. Scenery is very good.

Only problem I can see is the airfields. Most of them are basic Microsoft and in some instances there is a clash of meshes.

It's well worth downloading though.

yeah couple of the airports runways have sunk

still not bad though

The author in unreachable for the moment, i will ask him about this problem in the next weeks.

For information, i think he is using utx and i don't know if he has based his work on it or not... And i don't know too if utx change something in the mesh...  ;D

I don't know if it's me missing something, but his webpage states that there is a manual modification to apply to terrain.cfg, and that we should read the documentation in order to do so... the trouble is that the package only comes with an exe file and I didn't see any instructions regarding what I should change in terrain.cfg. Did I miss something? Could it be the reason why some are having troubles with airports and the mesh?

Hi Flying Monkey,

You missed nothing : in fact you have firstable to install the scenery with the exe, then go to your addon folder and have a look inside... The files needed to show the coral barriers are inside and must be placed => look at the 2 readme and how to install files that appears in the new caledonia folder...

For your information, the author has worked on it this week end and has made some updates about mesh and DX10 features.

Please download it again (the new file has got a "a" version when you download it now) and try ;)

Archived