Possible bug in AU Gold at BRISBANE ARCHERFIELD - YBAF

antonvs

Fantastic to be simFlying in AU GOLD.

Is there an overlay problem at Archerfield?  If you select a flight at YBAF the plane is placed on a Grass strip (presumably default) with the AU GOLD tarmacked strip surrounding this.  I wanted to place a sample img here but dont know how to insert it within the html /img code.

I have noticed FSX does that....Archerfield has several northish facing strips used for takeoff which are grass in real life, and it sits you just off (or near) the taxiway to get to them, this is also the taxiway used for the main runway which is east/west.  So at the start of the flight, if you can imagine a giant 'T', the main runway is the top horizontal, and you are at the top of the vertical.  So I guess when you choose active runway for take off, it just puts you on the start of the north facing strip....choose one of the others (cant think which one off the top of my head), but it will put you on the main runway....(if you go in top down view and go up high, you should be able to read the runway numbers of the main strip).

I thinks it also looks weird because of the way the fsx version of archerfield depicts the grass runways and grass taxiways. For some reason the grass taxi ways always look more substantial than the runways. In real life the grass runways at ybaf look very different from the grass taxi ways. Hopefully the gold freeware pack will improve this.

BTW I sit just me or is the bunnings on the western end of the runway sitting on top of the motorway?

Hi Antonvs

There is a new AFCAD and Photo-base with IS-placed buildings for YBAF coming in 1.2 .  The Bunnings has been moved long ago to fit the new roads (was originally placed for default roads, then VSX)- it will definitely  match up with Gold.   I'll check this arvo.

EDIT:

No problems: the 2 Bunnings near YBAF in GA Freeware 1.2 are reasonably placed - not in the middle of Ipswich Rd or Granard Rd.

Are you using VSX?  Because, if so, it has been stated a number of times on here that VSX is incompatible with FTX.

Archived