YCAB to YGYM with a return via YCDR

Maneus

Hi everyone,

Just thought you might like to see these. Taken today from VH-DOS with DanQPS as copilot :)

First shot is from the flight, second from FSX. Big thanks to ORBX for the awesome terrain and YCDR, and to John Hockings for YCAB and YGYM.

I tried to do my best to match locations for the shots. It was a very bright day with quite a lot of cabin reflections.

Cheers

Greg

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last but not least my VH-DOS, great little plane and a lot of fun. When I'm not flying it my ride of choice is the Pilatus PC-12 (Although only in FSX of course) :)

Hope you enjoy the pics, I am amazed just how real ORBX looks whilst flying around and all too often I see a view in FSX that looks just like the real thing.

Happy flying.

Cheers

Greg

Posted Image

Thanks for posting these, just goes to prove what we already know about how much effort Orbx put into providing us with the most realistic experience they can. It's alomst uncanny how some of those RW shots seem so familiar without actually having seen them with my own eyes - if you get what I mean.  :)

Hi Dan,

Actually I've flown that approach into Dunwich now about 10 times in FSX (for practice) so I am real keen to see what the experience is like flying there for real.

Also, I flew into Wondai last night in FSX using VH-MSJ (The Carenado 172 and got the VH-MSJ livery from OZx. I used VH-MSJ because that is the exact aircraft I did my PPL in :) ) . Anyway, it brought back such memories flying there again, only this time in FSX. The whole area looked so familar and Wondai was Nav #1 for my PPL so I remember it real well and the whole approach was totally sureal, just like reliving it again :)

So to anyone reading this overseas or who hasn't been to this area of Queensland before I can tell you 1st hand that the Orb experience really is something special :)

Regards

G.

Thanks again for posting the shots Greg, I really enjoyed them!  I'll have to get up for that flight soon!  It really is a great part of the world to fly over isn't it.  I did a flight in a Cessna twin from Archerfield to Wondai about two months ago to look at some timber..it's a magic strip too, I agree. 

A little extra plug, don't forget everyone, most of those strips are OZX strips..OZX and Orbx go together like strawberries and cream :)

Hi Pete,

Yes, would love to join in sometime. Do you fly fixed wing also in your online sessions? I loved that airpark you are at BTW and I checked your site out online, incredible! When can I come visit? ;)

Hi Tailgunner,

I am glad you like my little plane :) I do not believe a Rans S-12 is available for FSX, but I would love someone to make one. :)

Hi John,

Yes, I must say that Orbx and OZx do work perfectly together. I am amazed I have been flying FSX for so many years and did not know about all of this awesome scenery that was available. Don't forget to give me a buz one Sunday afternoon when you want to go for a ride.

Regards

Greg

Hi Tailgunner,

For your info, my plane is a Rans S-12S. There are only two in Australia that I know of (although there are a few S-12). My one is registered VH-DOS and the other, belonging to Brian in South Australia, is Ultralight registered.

This is a promo shot of the S-12S from the factory...

Posted Image

And this is one of Brian's S-12S...

Posted Image

You can see that he has the airscoop on top like my S-12S does. Brian actually made the scoop and was kind enough to make me one also. It adds about 5 knots to the speed since the Rotax is normally sitting in the airflow and adds a lot of drag.

I believe Brian won an award for his S-12S at Narromine one year.

Regards

Greg

Archived