The Goose.

Iain Emms

Nice!

Can't say I've ever given the Goose much love, even with the HD update from OZx... may have to revisit it  :D

Absolutely!

Its really easy on the water very nice indeed.

Since I don't have a split throttle I had to add an invisible rudder to make her turn on the water. Manually switching between engines isn't an option. It's too slow and clunky for me. But with that rudder it works great on the water, even without differential power.

Add this line to the [contact_points] section in the aircraft.cfg:

point.9 = 5, -17.5, 0.0, -3.1, 0, 0, 0.0, 75, 0.00, 0.0, 1.00, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0

There already is a point.9 entry with different values, but it's disabled by the double slash in front of it. Just paste this line under the existing one.

That's brilliant Patrick.  Thank you so much.  I'm a sucker for seaplanes and amphibians but I've never been able to use the Goose much because of the stupid problem of steering it.

I can't believe what a difference it's made.

I am so pleased with this.  Thank you again. :)

John

That's brilliant Patrick.  Thank you so much.  I'm a sucker for seaplanes and amphibians but I've never been able to use the Goose much because of the stupid problem of steering it.

I can't believe what a difference it's made.

I am so pleased with this.  Thank you again. :)

You're welcome. I think the credit goes to Jay Kae, I think he posted that fix somewhere over at aussiex.

Archived