freeware not working, scenery.cfg error?

hey, i'm new to this so forgive me if i'm asking a stupid question.

i've downloaded the freeware airports and the AA Holger mesh and they won't work. i don't have AU blue but i have ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive but it the mean time i can't get these to work.

problem is when i start up fsx it pops up with two errors, forst one says scenery.cfg error, directory Orbx\FTX_AAHOLGERMESH\scenery Area.120 not found.

second one is the same except it is for FTXAA_FREEWARE and says Area.121 not found.

i have tried the fst scenery program to fix the scenery.cfg file, i've downloaded the 1.01 patch, i've tried reinstalling both Orbx files and fsx and i still can't get either of these to work...

any help would be appreciated

colin

Sorry to hear that Colin, let's see how we can help out.

1. Where is FSX installed on your PC?

2. Is there an ORBX folder in your FSX root folder?

3. If yes to 2., what folders are in the FTX_AU folder inside the ORBX folder - there should be FTXAA_FREEWARE and FTXAA_HOLGERMESH

FSX seems to be complaining about scenery entries which has been correctly added, but it can't find the scenery folders on your PC.

4. When you ran the installer(s) for freeware and holgermesh, did the installer correctly locate the FSX folder? Another possible issue could be a missing registry key for FSX, in which case I recommend this utlility: http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zipĀ  which will fix that issue.

hey john, thanks for the quick reply

1) i have fsx installed on my d drive (as c drive is too small), in default folder (d:\program files\microsoft games\)

2) no the files were installed into a seperate folder (Orbx) in program files folder, i just realised that it is upposed to be installed into the root folder (flight simulator x folder) so thanks for that, looks like that solved the issue!

only problem i'm having now is that fsx itself won't work anymore, keeps saying it had an error, sends report and it wont load up, guess i'll try reinstalling now this works :) thanks for your time

col

Archived