Corsair Hydro H70 High Performance CPU Cooler

Iain Emms

Just wundering has anybody got one of these and what do you think.

Posted Image

Ive read mixed reports some saying they have taken as much as ten to fifteen degrees off your temps others saying around five to ten degrees off against air coolers. I know some of you have the H50 model of this.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain

First off, love your photography.  6700 posts, hav'nt counted everybody, but the forum moderators may be able to confirm if you are the current world record holder for posts? I presume you are retired? I am hopefully only 12 - 18 months away from chucking it all in and am looking forward to the opportunity and time to challenge your record ;D

Looking at your system description looks like you nearly have the "rolls royce" of systems.

I imagine that you have all the sliders to the right and no problems.

Ruse question, but would I have to mortgage my home to the Bank of England to afford that system?

Cheers  Dan

I have the H50 and love it. Excellent cooling, easy to install, and minimal sound. I overclock my i960 to 4ghz for everyday use and the H50 keeps me right under 60c when being pushed hard. The H70 has just now came into the market. But I did find a couple of small articles on it.

Here is an unboxing http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/08/03/corsair_h70_cpu_cooler_unboxing/

A couple of reviews http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/08/05/corsair_h70_cpu_cooler_first_install/ and http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1012/pg1/corsair-h70-cpu-cooler-review-introduction.html

My next build will include the H70. The Corsair H50 is a great entry into the world of water cooling and while also keeping the risk factor associated to it low. If you want great cooling and a quiet system, these are great.

David

Well then i think Emmsie will be ordering one in the morning i will let you know how it goes. I will be putting my black Apachie fans on this in the push and pull set up because i think they area far better fan than the corsair ones that come with it.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain

First off, love your photography.  6700 posts, hav'nt counted everybody, but the forum moderators may be able to confirm if you are the current world record holder for posts? I presume you are retired? I am hopefully only 12 - 18 months away from chucking it all in and am looking forward to the opportunity and time to challenge your record ;D

Looking at your system description looks like you nearly have the "rolls royce" of systems.

I imagine that you have all the sliders to the right and no problems.

Ruse question, but would I have to mortgage my home to the Bank of England to afford that system?

Cheers  Dan

Thank you im not retired yet another ten years before im put out to grass ;D and my system is the best i could afford at this time there are better systems owned by other guys here im sure but im very happy with it and will be for some time im sure. Thank you David for the links as well.

cheers

Iain

Not yet available in the rather small kingdom here. But it looks very promising, I´d probably fit the fan directly to the back of the case, making it blow out of the case. When my next rig comes about (in a couple of years), I´ll probably go for that one.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bjorn

I'm glad you decided to get one, cause I think you will be happy with your purchase. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. If you have any install questions let me know and I will do my best to help you. :)

David

Well then chaps just an update the H70 arrived twenty minutes ago ive just dropped it off along with the big fella at my pc guru for him to fit as i dont want to touch the motherboard after my last mishap i might get it back later or in the morning i will let you know how the temps look, Im not going to use the Corsair fans but instead use the Black Apachie ones i already have they are a better fan i think.

cheers

Iain

Yes i sure will it will be in the morning now before i have the machine back, As i say ive read different reports myself the last one i read said he had gone down by 12 degrees with a i7 930 @ 4Ghz but others ive read say between 8 to 10 degrees but even an average report says it has knocked a bit more off than a very good air cooler but the proof is in the pudding but if i get 8 degrees taken off over my rev b cooler i will be happy with that.

cheers

Iain

Well then chaps its installed and it has brought my temps down a bit.

Intel Burn Test.

Posted Image

This is an improvement because before i was hitting 81c and a bit above so thats a drop at least, Now some temps while running FSX.

Posted Image

[img width=1160 height=633]http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1282809383.jpg

So as i say im happy with this and with a better airflow through my case i dont doubt these temps would come down yet again, i have the H70 fixed as an exhaust if its fixed at the front of the case dragging in more fresh air this would i think cool it a bit more, So thats it for now more testing to be done.

cheers

Iain

Archived