... and this is why I never fly low budget

Jay Kae

Some good points raised but the problem with programs like this is they tend to represent their reporting as quite a common occurrence whereas for 99.9% of the travelling public the flights are doing what they've paid to do.

But I will not fly Tiger or Jetstar ever.  No airline has the right to change a scheduled flight and then expect me to accommodate their change rather than them accommodating me.  I would rather pay $100 more for a proper QF or VB ticket.  By the time you pay their add-on charges it's often only about $20 anyway.

And you normally don't get so may of the bogan classes on a proper flight.

Bring back the Lockheed Constellation I say.  (Admittedly a fare to London would be just shy of $100,000 but a couple of decent drug deals or a bank jobs would see that problem solved).

I agree. The standards of these airlines are questionable at best. I was told recently by a CASA officer that Air Asia, a new low cost airline flying into australia, has been issued with 2 " Show  cause " notices as to why their licence should not be suspended following incidents involving decending below the lowest safe altitude at Coolangatta.  :o

Wow! Poor training, lack of safety, and no customer care. It's really sad whether you work for them or fly on them. Ironically, I can see Ryanair probably getting busier now with the economy the way it is. People will do anything right now to save a few dollars, and that's right where Ryanair keeps it's busniess model. Cheap, no frills flying.

David

I agree with not flying Tiger, though Jetstar? Like Weengo, I fly with them on a regular basis and I am also flying with them to Newcastle (That or YMML-YSCB-YWLM with Brindabella, would prefer that but once again price  ;))

As Jetstar is part of the Qantas group I do believe that Qantas would never let one of their subsidiary let Jetstar lower themselves to the Standard that Ryanair exhibit,

they may be LCC but their not a ULCC as Ryanair are.

Furthermore Australia has close to the worlds most stringent aviation laws, I think that any company showing similar behavior to Ryanair would be quickly dealt with. Though when the chance arises I always fly Qantas  :)

Archived