Huonville and Franklin, Tasmania - will it be offered in future updates?

Grocs

Hey all,

Look I'm still coming to terms with what the custom scenery adds and doesn't add - as far as I'm aware it adds coastlines, roads, infrastructure like train lines, power poles etc.  What I was wanting to know if it will ever add in buildings or set some sort of decent autogen for Huonville and Franklin, Tasmania.  I live down this way and I could make out the river systems etc / and the roads too but it seemed pretty bare otherwise.

Is this something that might happen in future patches or will I just have to be content with what's already on offer. 

Thanks...

Grocs.

P.S.  Good job on the AU Blue and AU Gold - I'm very happy with the purchases.

Let us know what is specifically missing from the area and we'll do our best to update it. Remember that the resolution of landclass is only down to 1km sq. cells, so any micro details below that need to be hand-placed or we can use poly landclass edits, which are more time consuming.

Thanks for the reply - I'll try and fly over it - get some lat / lon coordinates and see how we go - basically they are towns and when I fly over that area as it stands now I hardly see any buildings etc.

An example of something that is missing would be a big cherry net near where I live and also a large football oval - you can see it on Google Earth easily enough.  When I get home I'll hop on Google Earth and give you the coordinates etc.

Cheers for the response.

Grocs.

Not a hope of us adding micro details like cherry nets and ovals in the right place - that's just not the way FSX works with its landclass system. Since FTX simply uses custom landclass it also conforms to the 1km sq. resolution of the ground textures.

The only way to make your backyard or town appear accurate is to create a unique photoreal scenery area, which is relatively simply to do with tools such as SBuilderX.

Archived