Beta Shots 0043-0046

Thats just stunning guys, thanks to the screenie takers...

A couple of comments...

Just done a quick drive today from Perth to Northam and back across the Darling Scarp and the winter vista is quite evident with the bright green colours of paddocks, brighter green new foliage of the gum trees etc being prevalent.

The second thing is the canola fields/paddocks...  Wow, with the huge acreage of Canola being planted this year, the bright yellow paddocks certainly stick out amongst the green and are very noticeable.  I'll try and get some pics on my next trip out later this week.

Here is a picture from the web... 

Posted Image

Another one...

Posted Image

Last one...

Posted Image

Oh, one last thing... Have you got any town poly's created and if so, do they generally fit the shape of the real towns and are they of an Australian Country Town flavour?

Brilliant stuff, thanks again to all involved.

Cheers,

Chris Porter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the photos mate, we appreciate it a lot. Yes, I noticed all the canola crops close to my house last week as well, and they will certainly be making an appearance in our Spring colouring.

We don't use vector polys for small townships, but will be introducing a "hamlet" landclass to depict them, if not in the initial release, then in a patch not long afterwards. The landclass we are using is very good for rural areas and should catch most of the country townships.

Brilliant stuff Koorby,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my queries, given everything else going on at Orbx/FTX etc... BTW, an excellent development and a big thank you for your efforts for the flight simming community.

Now how about some pictures of the great wide open North West of the state mate???  ;D  The red iron ore rich soils up there should produce and interesting challenge I guess, especially the borders between regions...

Cheers and thanks again...

Archived