I just LOVE extremely dense autogen! (Portland Int to Star's Twin Oaks)

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

I usually only fly above rural areas in PNW, but after testing the beta autogen patch thingie above Seattle and Portland I decided to take the Ultralight for a short flight from Portland Int to Stark's Twin Oaks (I am using that Ultralight more and more lately!). Although the beta doesn't do complete magic it does give some more fps and hence headroom and with my fps limited at 25 (using the limiter) I was able to fly with an average fps that didn't drop below 20, which was pretty nice! I do have to say the Ultralight is indeed 'light' in several ways ;) and it isn't fast either (which helped to prevent blurries) but still, it was pretty amazing seeing this all, with extremely dense autogen, perform rather well! I really LOVE extremely dense autogen!!! There were random hickups, I have to add, but I also would like to add that a nice side effect of using EZDok is that hickups sort of seem to disappear amongst the movements that EZDok generates! ;)

All in all it was very enjoyable and maybe I will visit the cities more often (although I feel more at home at quite places like Star's Twin Oaks! ;) ).

Look at that extremely dense autogen!

Posted Image

I mean... look at it!

Posted Image

Autogen! Everywhere!

Posted Image

Extremely dense autogen! I love it!

Posted Image

Ah yeah, gimme more, gimme more!

Posted Image

Getting close to peaceful Star's Twin Oaks (@Bill: it took some time but by now I do see where the 'addon area' begins when I approach it: I am most certainly not longer confusing it with default PNW textures and appreciating it more and more! :) ).

Posted Image

Think I am going to grab a cup of coffee there!

Posted Image

P.S. In case you are wondering where my very bright sunny summer's day colors have gone (I doubt anyone will notice, but that doesn't matter): after looking at Chris Palmer's scary departure video I had another look at my ENB settings and I decided to drop the color correction I used down a notch or three to make things look more realistic. I opened FSX and the video and placed them side by side and changed the settings until I got the right colors.  ;) Hence the more subtle and softer colors.

I share you excitement and nothing beats maxed out autogen with good fps, that's what we all trying to achieve but its great to hear you got all eye candy!

I must recommend you look for more ultra light type aircraft, there are certainly some good ones on freeware!

But great shots and thanks for sharing  ;)

Very impressive J. 

I really must get that ENB working.  I must say I do find the FTX ground textures rather dark on my screen and I could cure it with that without mucking up my normal settings for other things....'photographying' and so  on.

Super pics.

John

Guest J van E

I really must get that ENB working.  I must say I do find the FTX ground textures rather dark on my screen and I could cure it with that without mucking up my normal settings for other things....'photographying' and so  on.

Yes, that could work indeed. Another thing that could help you out though is QuickGamma (freeware!). I've used it for a few years but since using Windows 7 and one of the latest nVidia drivers I don't need it anymore. But it might help you: you can change the gamma without having to go to the nVidia (or ATI) control panel (afaik it works around that all) and you can then use a quicklauncher to apply that gamma at once. I used it in the past because the nVidia driver setting wouldn't stick and I really wanted the gamma to be lower: this FREE utility enabled me to apply the gamma I wanted whenever I wanted it by just double clicking the quicklauncher.

Maybe it does sound a bit complicated (and maybe you it takes some time to figure it out), but inthe end you could use your computer as you do now, and whenever you want to fly FSX, just doubleclick that autolauncher to apply your FSX specific gamma and you're done!

Just a thought. ;)

Archived