Dusting off the Stearman 75

I pulled the old FS2004 freeware Stearman 75 (by Robert Sanderson) out of the hangar, dusted her off, changed the oil and took her for a spin. It's actually a very nice aircraft that works geat in FSX. It flies great, stalls, slips, spins and if you abuse the engine too much it quits. I think you can still find it in the vintage aircraft section at simviation.com. The filename is st75.zip.

I would love an A2A Stearman, though. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I pulled the old FS2004 freeware Stearman 75 (by Robert Sanderson)

Wow, that looks like a great complement to the Golden Age one - great paint job and quite different around the engine and tailwheel. Can you post a VC pic or two?

Can you post a VC pic or two?

Here are some pics of what's included in the package, including some cockpit shots. Download  the aircraft here: http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage49.htm

You need to install the Stearman in a temporary folder and copy the contents manually, because FSX has a different folder structure than FS2004.

The Stearman package comes in four variants. An older one (1955) and a more modern one (1965). Both come as variations with or without crop dusting equipment:

Posted Image

The cockpits of the two versions are different. The 1955 version has all the instruments on the main panel, while the 1965 version has most of them on a bar between the top wings and on the struts above the panel. The 1955 version also has a little windshield that the 1965 version doesn't have:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest Northwest Pilot

Very cool series. That Stearman has piqued my curiosity. Thanks for the link. Going to go check it out now.

The cockpits of the two versions are different. The 1955 version has all the instruments on the main panel, while the 1965 version has most of them on a bar between the top wings and on the struts above the panel. The 1955 version also has a little windshield that the 1965 version doesn't have:

Archived