Cooler Master V10 TEC Hybrid CPU Cooler

Iain Emms

Well then chaps came across this bugger has anyone got one on their system looks interesting and by all accounts does a fantastic job in cooling everything down.

Posted Image

Cooler Master is taking cooling technology to the next level. The innovative V10 monster generates more than 200 watts of cooling power. It is the most heavy duty machine that overpowers any competition in the market. On top of its rugged industrial design, V10 Cooler comes with remarkable and powerful features. For heat dissipation V10 is a smart 200+W cooling solution, which is modularized by 3 separate sets of aluminium fins (2 vertical & 1 horizontal), linked by 10 6mm heat pipes. The structural design of V10 allows for speedy heat transfer from its mirror-finished base to a large heat dissipation surface.

Design and construction is inspired by today's supercharged engines, producing enough power and torque to give full control of the massive heat produced by the latest CPUs.  Generates more than 200W+ cooling power, Cooler Master's V10 over powers any cooling engine on the market.Compatible with the newest socket (LGA 1366).

Full coverage of DRAM & CPU cooilng for best cooling performance. Unique triple heat sink design for supreme cooling performance,10 heat pipes (6 for main body; 4 for TEC) maximize heat transfer Dual PWM fan ensures huge airflow over the heat sinks,TEC is intelligently activated once CPU reaches extreme temperatures.(Socket 940/AM2/AM3/LGA775/LGA1366) [RR-B2P-UV10-GP] but be warned its BIG.

cheers

Iain

Holy guacamole!

That sucker looks like a supercharger!

The only trouble with all of this cooling technology is the fan set-up.

Whilst they say they are quiet (when new!) after a few months of use in a normal everyday dusty environment, the fans begin to get choked by dust and they inevitably sing and get noisey.

I've heard all the shpiel about sealed bearings and such, but I've also heard a lot of noise coming from so-called silent cooling systems, cpu fans and case fans.

I'll go check how much this sucker is in Oz, Iain.

Frank 

Not bad, $145 in Oz. Cheaper than I thought.

I bought the Noctua and the thermaltake fan for my FSX unit last year and I'm sure I paid over a hundred bucks for it and it's nowhere near as flash as that baby!

Comment on site selling unit: "very big covers lots of mother board needs at least full tower and ram must be put in first"

Frank

Well then chaps came across this bugger has anyone got one on their system looks interesting and by all accounts does a fantastic job in cooling everything down.

Posted Image

Cooler Master is taking cooling technology to the next level. The innovative V10 monster generates more than 200 watts of cooling power. It is the most heavy duty machine that overpowers any competition in the market. On top of its rugged industrial design, V10 Cooler comes with remarkable and powerful features. For heat dissipation V10 is a smart 200+W cooling solution, which is modularized by 3 separate sets of aluminium fins (2 vertical & 1 horizontal), linked by 10 6mm heat pipes. The structural design of V10 allows for speedy heat transfer from its mirror-finished base to a large heat dissipation surface.

Design and construction is inspired by today's supercharged engines, producing enough power and torque to give full control of the massive heat produced by the latest CPUs.  Generates more than 200W+ cooling power, Cooler Master's V10 over powers any cooling engine on the market.Compatible with the newest socket (LGA 1366).

Full coverage of DRAM & CPU cooilng for best cooling performance. Unique triple heat sink design for supreme cooling performance,10 heat pipes (6 for main body; 4 for TEC) maximize heat transfer Dual PWM fan ensures huge airflow over the heat sinks,TEC is intelligently activated once CPU reaches extreme temperatures.(Socket 940/AM2/AM3/LGA775/LGA1366) [RR-B2P-UV10-GP] but be warned its BIG.

cheers

Iain

What in the Battlestar Galatica is that???

Peoples in some forums talking about it...

http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/771889-cm-v10-vs-nh-d14.html

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=175550

Here is a review on the Noctua D14 (this is why I went with this one on my new build) and they included the V10in the test result.....

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1212/6/

Yes they dont speak very highly of this cooler do they it costs around ninety English pounds here but i will be keeping my own cooler it seems to do a very good job. And Alain that cooler of yours is some piece of equipment aint it mate.

cheers

Iain

Yes they dont speak very highly of this cooler do they it costs around ninety English pounds here but i will be keeping my own cooler it seems to do a very good job. And Alain that cooler of yours is some piece of equipment aint it mate.

cheers

Iain

Yes, I've read a lot of reviews on it and so far the NH-14 (air wise) is the one to beat, I'm sure one day somebody will come up with a new design and a better cooling sustem than the NH-14 but so far this is the king.

Wait to see how huge it is, I'll be posting some shots of the new rig I'm building soon.

I have a V10

It is ok.  As noted, it is bulky and not so easy to fit.  The TEC makes a very loud (intolerable) buzzing noise so I have it turned off.  I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to fix (I thought Peltier devices were supposed to be quiet).

I would buy something else next time.

I assume you are you talking about the V10 because I did not see the NH-14 in what you posted....

Yes, I am talking about the V10.

This particular chart was from a test of the Coolermaster H50 against some of the competition.

At about $60 as opposed to $100 or more for much larger units like the V10, it came out well. Certainly close enough to the V10 that the extra money for that motherboard-cracking (heavy!) unit looks like a doubtful expenditure.  :D

I have a Cool Master V8 and to be honest I think if I fitted a V10 the temps would be pretty much the same. Why ? simple the surface contact area is a finite size and that means a finite amount of heat can be removed.

Don't get me wrong I think Cooler Master are among the best cooler's around.

For a long time I have used an Surplus CPU Fan mounted on a couple of additional brackets to provide Airflow to my RAM and I/O ChipSet heatsink which improved reliability a lot.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for Coolers to incorporate this idea (this is the first one I have seen)

The VERY best thing anyone can do for their PC's when it comes to cooling is AIRFLOW, and preferably with  the input and output airflow separated by a largish panel so there is minimal recycling.

Archived