meltdown of MSFS

Hi guys, I seem to have some sort of meltdown where MSFS2020 as lost its way and need to do a full uninstall and reinstall.

Looking at Orbx Central, I can still see my products, but all unticked, with a note to install. I noticed a comment in my settings about an available back up of my products.

When I reinstall MSFS2020, and get back to a clean copy, do I 'simply' reinstall all my products...

Geoff

Hi, it may depend on whether you installed them to a library or to the sim folder.  If you installed them to the sim folder, they were probably wiped when you did the MSFS uninstall, or at least they would have been if you deleted all the MSFS folders, which you probably should have done, or at least checked it was done, by the MSFS uninstall.

In any case, click on install, and if the Orbx products were installed in a library, the installation will probably just need to add the link to add the shortcut to the MSFS folder.  If the scenery was completely uninstalled previously, it will have to be installed completely.  If you had the backup box ticked, then the files should have been backed up in the folder you specified, so the files will not have to be downloaded again, but the installation will just have to extract the files and install them.  So to put it simply, just click on install, and the scenery should be installed again.  If there's a problem with a scenery, just uninstall the scenery and install again.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Scott, I did not uninstall MSFS, it just happened, I suspect when I was trying  a disk cleaning utility....it zapped MSFS. When I tried to open MSFS later that day, it said I needed to download 198GB of files !!

I can see all my sceneries are listed, just with empty circles. But, when I select any of the sceneries, it offers to install. Fortunately, I did tick the create backup when first downloaded. And I did install them in the folder. I have often wondered about installing sceneries into the Library.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

@Scott Harmes

Hi Scott, just thought I would supply the info how the reinstall went.

After removing the rest of the MSFS bits, I reinstalled it, and only took 30 minutes or so. ( I had copied my Official Account prior to reinstall, and placed it back during the reinstall, which greatly shortened the load time)

Reinstalling the Orbx sceneries was straightforward. Each owned scenery gave me the two choices. Reinstall into the Sim Folder or into the Orbx Library.

I chose the Orbx library this time and was simple. It even worked out where the Community Folder was.

Maybe it is the reinstall, but MSFS is now quicker to load and move about.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, por930 said:

@Scott Harmes

Hi Scott, just thought I would supply the info how the reinstall went.

After removing the rest of the MSFS bits, I reinstalled it, and only took 30 minutes or so. ( I had copied my Official Account prior to reinstall, and placed it back during the reinstall, which greatly shortened the load time)

Reinstalling the Orbx sceneries was straightforward. Each owned scenery gave me the two choices. Reinstall into the Sim Folder or into the Orbx Library.

I chose the Orbx library this time and was simple. It even worked out where the Community Folder was.

Maybe it is the reinstall, but MSFS is now quicker to load and move about.   

That's great Geoff.  Good to hear the reinstall went smoothly.