Finally Got My Joystick Working

I ended up downgrading to Windows 10, I plugged the joystick and throttle in, stick s not calibrating in joy. cpl. Put my Avast Premuim on and it tells me that six drivers need to be upgraded, which I do. It then tells me there is 2.9 gigs of junk on my drive including old windows files and registry fragments. I tell it to delete, which it does. Reinstall FSX SE, assign my axis to the throttle and stick, and this time the stick actually appears to pick it up. I then loaded the default Baron in the Air at Friday Harbor, flew, and everything was working correctly! Buggered if I know what I did, but I will take the win. Do a restore point tomorrow morning first, then install P3d 4.

I had returned X PLANE 12 for credit, but will buy it again in a few weeks. I've just lost a front filling and that's a bit more important! 

• Like 4

Hi Cathy.

very pleased for you that you've won. I don't know how, so you better go straight down the bookies!

I enjoy the solid feel of X-56 as a flight instrument, hope you do too. 

Please note that in my reply to your original post, I've put my specs as including Windows 11. So that works for me on my PC system. Maybe for you, but maybe not. Only an IT expert can answer that'n, taking into account your system details/compatibilities, updates etc. Very occasionally I get problems with NVIDIA driver updates, and then roll back one until a very new driver is available. With P3D, I've learned the start-up must be with one of their default planes and not a 3rd party plane e.g. A2A Bonanza, then it goes doolally; once loaded then I select my 3rd party plane.

Get yer filling sorted and lay off the nougat and seaside stick of candy rock

Rod

EGBB gusty and April showers here

• Like 2