XP12 in 2024: Any X-Plane 12 Plans for the Year Ahead?

I know when XP12 first came out, there was a lot of...let's call it "heat" surrounding the discussions. Eventually and for good cause the threads were bottled up, and I appreciate the business realities that were shared by Orbx on their reasons. But XP12 has been out a while now, and I see some airports coming out, but I'd love to hear any info about the year ahead. The True Earth series of course would be golden. But even sharing "nope, not going to happen" would be great if that's already a known decision. At least I could stop checking in every month 🙂 In the spirit of the first day of the new year, I thought I'd ask with genuine interest but no bad feelings if the answer is "no."

They've been teasing True Earth for XP12 quite recently. I'm relatively confident that the release of that product requires some of the upcoming updates to XP (to make ortho behave properly). Given Orbx' close contact with Laminar, I'm sure these things are connected. So when XP-12.0.10 comes, I have a feeling that Orbx will not be far behind with a bunch of new stuff that really can show off the simulator.

https://www.facebook.com/orbxsystems/posts/pfbid02zbspoMyyBiae5FQVNob9AL3UwMEp3TWdSP2iu7yqT5RifKPkX7N9cXGe62Kduay2l

• Like 1

I've been trying to find posts on XP12 here. Not many. XP12 is in great need of some Orbx attention. The flight dynamics are great and my peripherals work very well. But the scenery leaves a lot to be desired. To be fair, it was never designed to outdo MSFS in the 'eye candy' stakes. So, I've got it installed as well as XP11 ( I have some of Orbx scenery installed and it looks good) I'm leaving XP12 for a while until Orbx produce some good work. Then it'll be perfect. 

Here's hoping.

yeah we seem to be getting nowhere with regards to Orbx and XP12, this is a shame as it's a great step up from 11, I'm almost at the point of giving up on Orbx and XP12, and yes I did have all my addons in sim via the trick method but the scenery doesn't interact with the new XP things like proper wet runways and lighting etc...I guess there are other options to try and I have just moved my XP12 to a 4tb HDD which was used by P3D, so I have lots of space....

• Thanks 1