AU Gold airports

mmglads

Hi all, really enjoying flying in the area, but wonder if the airports we enjoyed in VSX will be released soon? (if the answer to this has been posted, I've missed it). For instance, John Ross built some superb models of local airports, including Coolangatta, Coffs Harbour, Lismore, etc. etc. On loading up Lismore, I found the default "blocky box" that's supposed to represent the airport.

Posted Image

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Malcolm, we will be releasing FTX Freeware V1.2 in the next week or so, which will include a lot of AU GOLD region airports, plus many additional AU BLUE airports, including Launceston for instance. It will also include the YBBN area (not the airport) including fisherman's Island, Green/Garden/Mud islands and Archerfield, all photoreal.

Coolangatta is being worked on by John Ross, but we're making it payware as John has to drive up to Cooly and re-photograph the whole airport precinct due to changes made since his last version (like the international terminal which Asia/X uses). Also, we will be licensing very high resolution ground imagery for Cooly so it will look the business. It won't be an expensive addon though. Expect it later in the year.

Regarding VSX, Orbx does not recommend nor support VSX being installed with FTX; we expect most of the VSX airports will be ported across to photoreal FTX within a few months. The 1.2 version in a few weeks will go a long way to achieving that goal.

With regards to John's other airports, I expect those will be ported asap :)  Keep in mind John has been flat out on AU GOLD landclass work, so when flying from Newcastle up to Cooly, tip your hat to his landclass work - it's all his.

Thank you John, good reply & answers all the queries. I've long been a supporter of John's work & he was kind enough to send me some beta files whilst he was developing Lismore. I have no problem at all in paying for his excellent work, & as Cooly is our main airport for NZ & "rellie" visits, I look forward to the results. Cheers, Malcolm.

Thanks for the comments mmglads and glad you found the airports of use. They were all 100% accurate to real life at the time of producing and will shortly be returning to the new improved environment with blended backgrounds and all the goodies. Just don't ask for a definition of shortly! And thanks for your comments John makes up for still seeing green squares if front of my eyes - if you know what I mean. I think the users would be amazed to know there are over 35000 individualy placed landclass squares just in the bit from Newcastle up to Nambucca and west and that is just one tile of many tiles that make up FTX Gold.

John Ross

Hi John, good to "meet" up with you again - I knew you were involved with FTX, just didn't realise how much! I still have all the original files you kindly sent to me re: Lismore, & I'm still flying in FS9 (with VOZ) when I want to look at the "real" airports, rather than the MS offerings. Thanks for all your hard work in the past & I really look forward to seeing the new offerings - shortly!  ;) Cheers, Malcolm.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick addition to the topic.  I really enjoy flying around the Caloundra, Caboolture, Watts Bridge, etc area's.  Its my old stomping ground in real world flyinf days.  I know Redcliffe is on the way however is there any indication of airports like Watts Bridge, Caboolture and Caloundra being added in the future?

Many Thanks

Greg

Gold Order: 8136

Watt's Bridge and Caboolture were in FTX Freeware 1.2 and will soon be in OZx1.0 which also will include Hazelton, Donnybrook, Landsborough, Noosa, Kilcoy, Mt Brisbane and many others.  Redcliffe was in FTX1.2 and will be in the OrbX freeware release soon.

Archived