go around anyone?

wain71

right, question for the class......

I started simming with FS98(?), anyhow looking at the cover that's when it was, roughly, now in all these years I have never once done a proper Go Around in one of our tubes, I am normally to tied for time and need to get down and get out the door or eat my tea....anyway short story is I feel it is something I need to get the hang of, however, XP12 ATC is, well what can I say....MSFS, does that ATC handle a go around scenario? I know it's told me to do so but I have just ignored it and ploughed on.....

I know it's nothing major but I still remember my sense of achievement in the old Aerosoft A320 when doing a hold to lose height, felt really good, but the Go Around is quite lacking in my armoury of FS tasks I can do....

Any good pointers on if it can be done in either of these sims? I currently don't have p3d installed but could do if default ATC sorts it.....I do use Navigraph charts so I can see what I should do initially but I then assume ATC brings me back to a point for the next attempt, maybe some YT links showing it in a sim somewhere...

anyway I'm away for a few days and I'll take a look on here after the Bank Holiday...hopefully some sun will be seen and hot dogs and cider will be consumed....

you all have a good weekend if you can...

• Like 3

so I have some time to spare, waiting for the wife to come home with a takeaway before we go away, easyjetsimpilot has done a good video on YT explaining how to implement the GA in MSFS and I just read a long discussion on Xplane forum regarding the Toliss aircraft, so I guess the main question left unanswered for me know is do the various built in ATC's deal with us pilots on a GA situation? Probably not so I would need to get to the start of the approach again I guess...I don't do the online flying......

Made some notes, will do a few of these then I will explore the Alternate scenario, I am actually enjoying this bit of learning, had a few difficult weeks where life was generally getting me down but it seems learning new stuff in flightsim world has perked me up a bit....

By the way I do prefer Buses but I assume it is similar procedures in a Boeing but obviously the screens may differ......

Right where's me chicken burger got to?....no cider until tomorrow though...

• Like 2