Outdated and stickied Hardware topics?

B12

Just trying to be helpful here, but a few of the topics that have been stickied here for years and decades here are now extremely out of date, the PSU one in particular, this advice dates back to 2010 and is seriously outdated and is not a good look for a high profile company like Orbx.

I'm on the upgrade path for Flight sim again, for FS2020 and future FS2024, but also P3D V 5 and P3D v 6 and XP12 ... AMD 7950X3D is a killer CPU coupled with the famous Arctic Cooler II 420 AIO, still on my oldish RTX3090 24 GB here and really looking to get an RTX4090 soon, but we need to be  careful of matching hardware these days.

Just a word on the Arctic Cooler II 420, its massive, its a gigantic cooler, it only just fitted in my massive ATX case I thought was future proof for decades ... I actually had to modify case slightly to accommodate it.  But oh wow, its so silent and efficient.

Measured and I'm OK for the RTX 4090 to fit soon.

But moving forward ... a PSU and indeed case can last you many years if chosen wisely, ATX 3.0 standards is the latest, and if you are buying new please consider one of these to a well recommended standard ... its well worth paying a bit more for a good case and PSU to last you many upgrades in the future ... this is one area its best not to make compromises on IMHO.