How to have P3D 5 similar to P3D v6.

robpol471

I just did a test by replacing the Scenery and Texture folders in main P3D v5 with those of P3D v6 and the improvement of the scenery is evident and very similar to the quality of the Orbx-Aerosoft-Flightbeam and FlyTampa scenery that I installed on P3D v6.

After a tour of the apts I will now make a flight to see if there are any other improvements.

• Like 1

I have just finished a short LIRF-LIMC flight that I usually use in tests done during the day with QW 787 because here it is 0.45 AM and the landing took place under a strong storm and I have noticed a clear improvement of the whole scenario P3D v5 after replacing the Scenery and Texture folders from P3D v6.

Better light, better AA are evident, and better view of the Orbx FTX Global Base textures and apt buildings stand out in my 4K monitor.

Now I postpone other tests to tomorrow but I am satisfied and I think I will continue to use this P3D v5 that I looks very similar to P3D v6.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a long day for me and the previous posts made late at night were synthetic, and I want to better clarify the steps I have done and which made my P3D v5.4, at least as regards the visualization of the scenarios, similar to P3D v6.

Assuming that my hardware has an MB Asus Z590 F that supports 4 X SSD M2 and I have 2X Samsung 980 PRO that both have W11, P3D v5.4 and P3D v6 installed, (practically they are 2 clones) and that, if necessary, boot from bios.

Calling the two M2 SSD M2s A and B, I boot from bios A (Master) for current use, while I boot from bios B (Slave) if I have to safely run the tests.

This specific test had the following procedure which, to be precise, initially concerned a test on P3D v6 :

I started B (Slave) and did a test by opening the P3D v6 Scenery\World\Scenery and Texture folders and with Copy/Paste I installed all the files from P3D v5.4 Scenery\World\Scenery and Texture folders.

The test that concerned and made P3D v5.4 similar to the visualization of P3D v6 scenarios for me was to "delete" the Scenery and Texture folders of P3D v5.4 in B (Slave) and then copy the folders, previously modified, Scenery and Textures of P3D v6.

As I did before, if this change doesn't give me problems on B (Slave), I will update P3D v5.4 on A (Master) which I will use for current use.

• Like 1

Sorry for the forgetfulness but it should be added that the same thing must be done on the Texture\Scenery and P3D v6 Texture folder by "Copying/Pasting" the files from Texture\Scenery and Texture from P3D v5.4 and then deleting the P3D v5.4 Texture folder and copy the folder modified Texture of P3D v6.

• Like 1

I point out two artifacts that exist on P3D v6 and with this change are also displayed on P3D v5.4.

The first is to the right of runway 28 of LIME where you see a large parallelepiped in the shape of a mountain and the second is in LOWI where between the airport buildings and the river there is a small hill not present in the original scenario of Orbx.

I did a tour of the apt scenarios and I didn't seem to see other artifacts, however I point out that on the forum LM P3D was asked to report any anomalies of the P3D v6 scenarios where I saw the reporting of LIME and others.

I also point out that with the same P3D v5.4 configuration, after this modification the fps do not drop below 40 fps in all pay scenarios.

• Like 1