Strange texture changes on mountains

mmglads

These couple of shots are over Mt Warning, there is a definite line to this texture change, which "shimmers" slightly. Is it me? Changing resolution, Ansio etc. didn't help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see a clear darker line at the top of the distabt mountain range in the second picture.

G'day MM, you'll find that is the height of the visibility restriction layer. Not sure if you use real weather or an addon?

I always manually set my weather because of this very reason. When you create your weather, make sure you set your visibility height to 99999ft (this is the max it can go) and then if you implement a reduced vis scheme (be it 50nm, 20nm etc) you will not suffer the effect shown in your screenshots...

Darn! Darn! Should have thought of that! Of course, you're both right -it was low level fog John, & I do use the "real weather" setting, which has caused the problem - or "effect", really. Here's the same shot using your cloud setting John. Thanks to both for solving that - I'd gone the complicated way round...ho hum...

Posted Image

I've climbed Mt Warning - & it's just like that! Cheers, Malcolm.

Archived