GTX470 v GTX480

Gurdy

Considering the $200AUD price difference and the great overclocking properties, what is peoples view on the GTX470 v The GTX480?

Just curious.....

Considering the $200AUD price difference and the great overclocking properties, what is peoples view on the GTX470 v The GTX480?

Just curious.....

I have been running a GTX 470 in my rig for about a month now, and I really love it. This card made a significant difference in FSX smoothness over my GTX 280 card, and best of all I have NO tweaks in my FSX.CFG and I fly with NO STUTTERS in FSX+FTX. Did I say I love it? ;)

G'day Gurdy,

I recently upgraded from a 9800GTX+ to the GTX470 & am really happy with the results. I find in places like YBBN I can run with higher levels of autogen (dense plus scenery very dense) with little to no degradation in fps. Also multiple levels of cloud using aircraft such as PMDG JS41, Capt Sim B727 & LDS B767 have no effect whatsoever. Also handles YMML pretty well. I did a flight there over the weekend in the B767 using real weather (cloud layers & rain) & the minimum I saw was a quick dip to 12 on approach. The taxi back out & take off minimum was around 17, mainly in the 20's though. All this was with settings as mentioned & ai @ 50% so there was plenty of extra traffic around & regardless of frames the sim remained smooth & an excellent experience.

Re a comparison between the GTX470 & 480 there is a post done by Spirit Flyer giving that which is very informative & well worth the read.

Archived