Beta Shots 0029-0038

Oh my oh my, I need a change of clothes...

Koorby, I drove down to Borden just yesterday.  Wow, having flown down to Albany and Esperance quite a few times via SkyWest, I reckon you have captured not only the look, but very much the ambiance of the area to a tee.

Last week I drove between Borden and Albany, down Chester Pass Road through the Stirling Range National Park and I do believe that you have captured the look and feel exactly.  The transitions between the ranges and the farm paddocks at their base is just right and the farmland on the second and third shots looks too real.

One note though, during summer, many of the lakes displayed above will be nothing but a few feet of white salt covered mud, quite stark and looking from the air, like large sores on the earth.  Quite sad really.  Right now, they mostly have a reasonable amount of water in them, albeit horribly salty.

Koorbs, thanks very much for taking the time to show the pictures above.  From my perspective, the results are most realistic and I certainly am looking forward to the release of your products.

Cheers and thanks again,

Chris Porter

Hi Chris, thanks for your feedback!

I am very glad that the Borden area is representative of the real world, especially since we have yet to begin on custom textures for Western Australia, which will introduce a lot more salty earth and rural areas indigenous to your area. Even so, these textures seem to work quite well.

Archived