If you want yo learn about my country....

Bugdani

Sometimes it feels isolating to live here in the States.  No real different culture accessible by train or short flight under 2 hours.

I imagine it feels the same way for the some of the Aussie folks.

I don't know about you Valcor, but there is a lot of different cultures in the United States, most Americans just fail to realize it.

Every region, from the Pacific Northwest to the Confederate South offers a different culture, and also let's not forget the hundreds of different American Indian cultures throughout the United States.

Then there is "Oh Canada!" To the north and Tequila's Mother Country to the south.

Take some time to travel around the US and you won't be sorry. There is a ton of history and great experiences waiting in every different state that cannot be experienced from a book, computer, or television.

Nice film. glad you posted it.

Lived their for two Years 91-93 with the USAF. I loved Belgium, Neterlands, Germany and many other places I visited. I feel very lucky to have spent those 2 years in Belgium. I will never forget that wonderful Country.

I don't know about you Valcor, but there is a lot of different cultures in the United States, most Americans just fail to realize it.

Every region, from the Pacific Northwest to the Confederate South offers a different culture, and also let's not forget the hundreds of different American Indian cultures throughout the United States.

Then there is "Oh Canada!" To the north and Tequila's Mother Country to the south.

Take some time to travel around the US and you won't be sorry. There is a ton of history and great experiences waiting in every different state that cannot be experienced from a book, computer, or television.

Being a corporate pilot in RL, I have indeed traveled this country quite a bit.  To me, the different cultures in the US are more of what I would call just different "accents" on the same culture.  When you consider the very large size of the US, change is subtle, and often hard to distinguish.

I have never been to BC, Canada, but to me, even Eastern Canada in all my visits did not seem all that different than the States. 

England, Scotland, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Greece, etc on the other hand all have very different feel despite a geographical proximity.

That's not to say that the US does not have some very interesting people and places to visit.  We have enough to fill a lifetime.  However, I think our strength and our weakness comes from a generally shared experience of culture.

Just IMO  :)

Archived