Installing a freeware airport

Hi, I just downloaded a few freeware airports and installed them. I restarted FSX and the "building a database for new scenery" loads up. I go to the airport and it looks 100% like it did without FTX. I then installed the FTX database to see if it would work and it hasn't. I tried several other airports to no avail. What am I doing worng.

P.S. I have FSX SP2 no acceleration.

Note that the Orbx freeware airports are designed to work with the payware AU regions (BLUE, GOLD, GREEN, RED) or the AU SP3 DVD. As such, the FTX Central application and the automatic scenery library entry tools are not included with the freeware airports.

One solution is to install the free AU BLUE demo (http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html) which will provide you with FTX Central. Once you have installed the AU BLUE demo, do the following steps:

1. Navigate to the ORBX\Scripts folder inside your FSX folder

2. Run the ftxconfigurator.exe program in that folder - there is no confirmation screen, it runs silently.

Once you have done that, all the freeware airport scenery library entries will be added for you.

Also note that the Orbx freeware airports will not blend into the surround default FSX landscape if you don't have the FTX AU regions installed.

I tried moving the airport folder into the add-on scenery folder and it worked.

I am very pleased with the quality of the airports, and they blend in just fine for my usage.

Is there any advantages to the control panel? Will it give me other features or is it not worth it, saying I already can see the airport.

Archived